Installing speakers on that rear deck behind the seats of a Mercedes 560SL

Hi Everyone:

I am new to the car audio world. Last time I bought a car stereo was in the 80's when I bought a Concord HPL505 receiver, etc...

I need some advice from you experts. This is what I bought so far but haven't started the install.

1.Blapunkt deck and changer (deck is Jackson that matches the classic look of the vehicle..the only problem is the lights on the radio are green. It would of been nicer if it was amber or white...oh well :)

2. 4" Infiniy kappa's to replace the dashboard 4" speakers

3. 6X9 Infinity Kappas right behind the seat. There is a wood deck area that is removable on these 560Sls.I'm going to cut out 6X9 opening and install the speakers from underneath. I'm not sure I should just run some new carpet over it after making some wholes in the carpet. Some say I will loose a lot of sound quality. Another option is to get very flat grills. The purpose of keeping this area flat is so I can stick thinks on it and won't have the bumps of the grills.

4. Two pa2100 Blaupunkt amps 100w per channel each 2 channels each

Okay here is what I'm thinking - I 'm thinking of sticking a sub back on that deck also. Looking at the JL Audio line, specifically the W0 line. Shall I put one or two 6 inchers or one 8 incher back there? Also will I need another dedicated amp or shall I just share one of the amps between the sub and the front speakers, since the front speakers probably don't need more that 50/channel plus they are only rated 75. The second amp I can dedicate 100% to the 6X9s. Also, what connectors will I need to share between the sub(s) and the front 4" speakers since my amp is only 2 channel?

I'd also appreciate any advice on how to install the speakers on that back decking area of 560SLs.
I mentioned the specifics above in item #2.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Kev
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us