Do I need new speakers?

Anonymous
Recently my Sony STR-GX900EX receiver died. Kinda fortunate really, because I've wanted a new receiver that can handle AC-3 & DTS & ..., but it felt too extravagant. Here's the issue:

Will my perfectly good Atlantic System 250 (pre-1996) speaker set work? I got curious because of postings about matching speakers to receivers and went to the Atlantic Tech website and learned that the 250 was upgraded "to meet the demands of Dolby Digital (AC-3) and DTS Digital surround formats" Should I also be considering new speakers (I want good music & video sound)? & if so, where to start?

Does anyone have experience with this?

Hawk
Anon:

I have no idea why your old speakers wouldn't work, to tell you the truth. What you read on the Atlantic Tech website is mostly marketing . . .well, you know what I mean.

Get a good clean sounding receiver and see what you think. What is your budget for a receiver?

G.DawG
I would have to agree with Hawk here, I cant see why your old speakers wouldnt work. What we need to know is your budget, what you will use with the receiver and the size of the room it will be in. The most important thing is budget though :-) Good luck!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us