Klipsch vs Axiom

Dan
I have a Harman Kardon AVR 525 reciever and I was wondering what should I get for my fronts.

Millennia M80ti Towers or Klipsch SF-3?

How big of a difference between M80 and SF-3 as far as sound clarity and sound detail goes? Is Axiom generally better then Klipsch?

Paul T
Have you heard either?? You shouldn't buy a speaker with someone else's opinion, all speakers sound different to each person. Go listen and decide which you enjoy the most for "yourself" then buy them. Just read the preview of this reply and it sounded nasty, by no means am I trying to come across that way it's just we all hear speakers differently and what might sound great to one person may not to you... Believe me I just spent 2 months deciding on speakers and to tell you the truth I started out thinking Polk LSi's were going to be the ones and guess what, after many comparisons and listening sessions they lost out.

Dan
right, the problem is I can't find a retailer that has Axiom in the store. I like Klipsch somewhat. When I heard them I thought they are a bit overrated, becuase they don't sound as good as everybody tells me. But I hear a lot of good things about Axioms, how they sound better etc. and they are cheaper because Axiom doesn't have to send any money on marketing.

So the question I have for someone who've heard both. What did they think. Does Axiom M80 sound as clear and "detailed" as SF-3???

Paul T
I can relate Dan, I had to drive an hour and half to hear the Paradigm Studio 20v3's but it was well worth the ride, they were better then the v2's I heard before plus the store owner gave me a nice price since I drove that far to hear and buy them.. One thing you can do is order the M80's and if you don't like them you have 30 days to return them, no big deal since they only deal direct like Outlaw. Also I am sure the M80 will sound much different then the Klipsch since they use Horn Tweeters vs Titanium Tweeters, personally I find the horns a bit too bright for me but again others love that sound, hence the reason it is better to listen for yourself..
Good Luck Dan..

elitefan
Dan,
If you have a Monitor Audio dealer anywhere near you go hear the Silver and Bronze series from them and believe me you won't be diappointed. H/K and Monitor would make a perfect match. If they are in your budget listen to the silver 6[$999pr retail] Absolutely incredible for the money. The silver center[$600 retail] is just an incredible speaker. The Bronze series is cheaper but very nice for the money and I highly recommend either series, especially with H/K.

Hawk
Dan:

I would agree with elitefan that Monitor Audios would be a great match with your receiver and certainly a big improvement over either the Axioms or the Klipsch.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us