Velodyne CHT-12 vs JBL E250P

Username: Subdude

London, ON Canada

Post Number: 1
I was interested in buying either the CHT-12 or the JBL E250P, however, I have read many good reviews about them both and I also find nothing bad said about either one. I have listened to the velodyne in a room proportional to mine, and listened to the JBL at Best Buy in their main show room. Could anyone please give me some more insight to which sub is better.

Thanks

surfg
Unregistered guest
i have both, and in truth it depends. if you have jbl speakers then go with the jbl. if you have anything else, go with the velodyne. jbl speakers sound better if you stick with them. they blend in much better. the velodynes sound good just about anywhere.

monkey man jack
Unregistered guest
JBL.

edster922
Unregistered guest
surfg,

> if you have jbl speakers then go with the jbl.

You're the first person I've ever seen on these forums to recommend matching subs and speakers; everyone else I've read said to match only the front and center speakers.

Or is this recommendation specific only to JBL? And if so, why JBL?

I'm curious because I have a JBL E150 but no other JBL speakers.

monkey man jack
Unregistered guest
Yo surfg, I was reading Home theater or sound & vision and it said the same thing. To use JBL's with JBL's, is there really a difference. I have a JBL center channel and KLH front left/right, and I think it sounds fine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us