Warm and "fuzzy" speakers

Gonzo
I am looking for a "warm" and "fuzzy"speaker set. what speakers sound like this?

elitefan
Paradigm and PSB are the warmest quality speakers I am familiar with. What are you going to drive your speakers with?

Gonzo
A Kenwood Vr6070 THX I just purchased but I find it too be too bright and hard to listen too sometimes I think my speakers are bright as well. Are there any PSB or Paradigm speakers available for less then 500$ cad?

Gonzo
Have you ever heard of Streem Speakers? I was looking at a set of speakers from that company,(HT-33) and was hoping you, or anybody, would have an oppinion on them. Thanks

Jacko
Hi Gonzo. I came across your request for an opinion on the Streem HT-33 speaker set and thought I'd give my two cents.

I purchased a set of HT-33's on eBay for under $400 US shipped and have had them for a couple weeks. Right off the bat when I got them out of the box they looked super. Better than in the picture you see on their website.

After getting them all set up I popped in my girlfriend's Brandy CD to see what they could do and was very impressed.

I'm no audiophile but I know what sounds good and what doesn't and the HT-33's sound awesome. They don't take up alot of room for floor standing speakers but they sound way bigger than they actually are with alot of low end.

After a couple of weeks I think I have them broke in pretty well and they keep sounding better and better. I'm really happy with them. Hope this helps.

Jacko

Anonymous
I bought a set of HT-33's from a guy in a white van for a 150 bucks...not bad for the price

Anonymous
wow you got one heck of a deal! i paid 400 bucks too but i ain't got no complaints ... they are definitely worth every penny and more ... of course, mine were brand new and also came with a 5 year warranty

Anonymous
I saw these Streem speakers a while ago in some van scam in the parking lot near my condo and they tried to scam me for 800 bucks and they wouldn't leave me alone. I actually got into a scuffle and they dropped the speakers and it was so funny they immediately cracked and fell apart as soon as they hit the ground. That's what you get when from crappy China speaker products. Stick to Sony they won't fall apart like these!

Could this claim be more unbelievable and any more obviously fabricated by a competitor?

The coward hiding behind these Anonymous posts should spend a little more time developing a better speaker for their brand and a lot less time attempting to tarnish our name.

Streem speakers will never and have never been sold from the back of a white van.

Our line of speakers have just recently been launched and are most definitely sold only from reputable resellers and retailers.

These SLANDEROUS responses are being perpetrated by one of our COMPETITORS. WE KNOW WHO IS LEAVING THESE COMMENTS AND WILL BE TAKING ACTION.

We have first hand knowledge of our competitors speakers and know exactly why they are sinking to such lows as to post these ridiculous claims.

We welcome any questions from anyone who wishes to have further information regarding the perpetrators of this slanderous campaign.

Streem Speakers

Gonzo
Would you guys say that the FLUANCE Speakers are better then Streem? The only thing I dont like about internet shopping is not being able to hear the speaker before buying, so decisions are hard to make. So my main question is this... Would the Streem HT-33 Speaker set out perform the Fluance SX-HTB set? Thanks you guys your a real help, exept anonymous.

Gonzo
Seen a pair of Paradigm Monitor 9 V.2's for cheap, would they be a good match with the 6070? Ive seen so much of this "must match receiver to speakers" and dont want to make a bad decision. Thanks again. My Other question still holds, I still wanna know what would be better.(SXHTB or HT-33)

George Duncan
Hi Gonzo,

I Purchased a set of HT-33 direct from Station Street on ebay and I am extremely impressed. I spent about 3 weeks listening to all the stuff in the local stores. For this price range I have not found anything that compares to the HT-33's. Although I admit I was taking a chance without hearing them first. I am sure glad I did, I'm guessing I saved at least $300.00. I suggest you go this route also.

Xtream

G.DawG
Gonzo,
Go for the Paradigms, I dont think that any speaker (Fluance or whatever)can make a better speaker then a Paradigm.

The Paradigms are a warm and laid back speaker, just perfect for the 6070's bright and forward(I found in my listening tests)sound.

As far as van speakers go, I was hit the other day(bout 2 weeks ago), I didnt buy anything however, As I read this board very often, I told them to F*** off and to get outa my town. :-)

I will admit that what Fluance is doing is great, making good speakers at real world prices, not everybody can go out and spend 2-6k on speakers. My freind has the AV-HTB set and he says they are great, I heard themm they sound good for $200($300 to us)but wouldnt touch my Klipsch RF-3's.

Anyways, hope you got some advise from all this!

G.DawG

Pierre
I have the same questions as Gonzo:
1- Streem vs. Fluance?
2- What's the best you can get for under $500 (USD in my case)
I just purchased an Onkyo TX-SR787

Anonymous
I was also the the victim of these streem speakers that was sold out of a white van. But I will have to say they sound really good and I only paid 200 dollars for them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us