Pinnacle Black Diamond Speakers

Does anyone have experiance of pinnacle black diamond speakers? I'm thinking of buying a 5.1 system consisting of BD 1000 pair, BD 500 pair, BD 300 center and a baby boomer plus. I have a new Yamaha RX-V1400 receiver. System was recomended by a friend, and my budget is around $2000 for the 6 speaker system. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

elitefan
Pinnacle has gotten very good reviews and I recall such a review recently but can't remember which of my many mags it was in. I have never had the chance to hear this brand and am interested in a description of their sound characterisics. Are they bright or laid-back etc? If they are mellow then they would be a good match with your Yamaha as that receiver needs that kind of speaker to sound good. Paradigm and PSB are the brands I know that match best with Yamaha. Keep us posted.

Jackson
Thanks elitefan.
My first choice was also to try the Paradigm Monitor 11 as the main speakers with the Yamaha, but it souded a little too laid back for my personal liking. What I heard was the pinnacles were little brighter and sharper than paradigm. Will send an update next week when I get the pinnacles for a trial.

Mackie
I just heard this line today - they are indeed bright, I'd be careful matching them to a bright amp like most Yamahas. The clarity and detail are excellent. I'm in the market for a good very small bookshelf (under 11") and the bd500 is now my first choice.

Jackson
I got the pinnacle bd 1000 trial speakers last weekend after some delays. They are great speakes with very good sound, and also looks great with the piano black finish. However I also agree they really are a little on the bright side for the Yamaha, I went with the the Paradigm Monitor 11 which is a much better match.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us