HK AVR 525.....need speaker help please (Hawk)

I recently upgraded to the HK 525 after having a sony mini-system for 4 years...I know, quite a jump. Anyway, I have been reading posts for the past week about the different speakers to match and I must say I am completely lost. If anyone can help, please do ASAP as I would like to purchase the speakers by this weekend. Here are my conditions/budget limits/listening modes:
1. Medium to large living room with wood floors
2. Would like to spend under $600 per pair, unless quality is a little more (no wife factor here)
3. Need matching center speaker
4. Need for Xbox/DVDs/TV/CDs in that order
I have read good things about Klipsch, but not sure which series (synergy or reference). I am looking for floorstanders since I plan on hooking up my old sony sub and rear satellites for now to save up for a SVS cylinder and better rears. How important is it to match the mains with the center and which center is a good bargain with whatever mains you may suggest? Thanks for your help.

Hawk
James:

If you want Klipsch, go here:

http://elegantaudiovideo.com/spklp.htm

However, given the fact that you have wood floors, I would suggest something a little less lively sounding as you will get a lot of sonic reflections off that floor.

Some suggestions for good floorstnders for your receiver and your room:

1. KEF Q5s

2. NHT ST-4s

3. Energy C5s

Each of these have a matching center and I think it is always advisable to get a matching center speaker with the mains. The surrounds are not as important.

Good luck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us