Anyone heard of LUXMAN?? pls help.

marvin
just came into a luxman amp.model L2.have never heard of the brand.looks at least 10-15 yrs old.but was surprised at the sound quality.gave my 5 yr old marantz a beating.very clean and musical.any info will be of great help.

Hawk
marvin:

Luxman was a top quality brand in North America (imported from Japan) that about 12 years ago made a move down-market, I am sure to try to increase market share. It was a miserable idea as Luxman, formerly only seen in the highest quality audio shops, suddenly started showing up in Costco. It killed the brand in North America as the high end shops stopped carrying it (unwilling to compete with Costco) and Luxman didn't have the market muscle to compete with the mass market brands.

However, I understand that Luxman has a new importer for the US and should be showing up early next year.

I would expect that the L2 (not a model that I remember) is a very high quality amp with a warm "tube-like" sound. Nice gear (and I am not surprised it gave your Marantz a beating).

G-Man
I remember Luxman many years ago. They had the coolest looking receivers--brushed gold. They would have draws that electrically opened and shut. You must remember--back in the 1960's and early 70's--this kind of stuff was really COOOL and no one else had it. Plus Luxman was considered excellent product on top of all the coolness factor.

Sadly, I didn't have two nickels to rub together in those days and could only be like Jimmy Carter--lust after them in my heart :-)

junkyard_dog
I have the hybrid LV-105 which uses tubes for the preamp and mosfets for the power amp. The amp is described in detail in this website:

http://www.niji.or.jp/home/k-nisi/lv-105.htm

Sorry, it's in Japanese but you can use babelfish to translate it.

What a coincidence, i also have a Marantz which took a beating from the Luxman. The marantz (sr7300 receiver) is quite musical in its own right but i prefer the sound of the luxman. The sound is very clear & detailed from highs to mids to bass. Bass is not as fat & heavy as other integrated amps i've used, but it is tighter and more detailed.

Jos
I have bought the Luxman L2 second (or third or fourth...) hand but I havent found any specs of this one . I only know that you need speakers with 8 ohm .

It sounds reeeeaaaaaaalllyyyy nice .
I thougt it was a gold one , but as I cleaned it it became silver ( the previous owner was a heavy smoker) :-)

Ever heard of the company Alpine, in car audio?
Luxman is their home audio division.
They've been around for decades.

G-Man
The Luxman L'2 was made in 1980 and was a stereo integrated amplifier at 33 watts per channel.

Should be fine for a bedroom or a small room if you want to do some stereo listening. You can always buy a used tuner--maybe at a site like audiogon--see if you can find a matching Luxman tuner or any other tuner, or if you have or need a cd player and speakers.

Depends on how much you can spend on speakers, unless you already have them. You sould get high efficiency speakers--new or used.

If you need help let us know how you will use them, what size room, and your budget on any other components--such as speakers, tuners, or cd players.

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 31
oops, my bad. I was half asleep. Hafler is Alpine's home division, sorry about that.
anyway Luxman makes some really nice amplifiers.
Sometimes older stuff is better than newer stuff in fact.
I wouldn't trade my KEF 104/2s for anything KEF has today for example.
anyway best of luck

Username: Kef1042fan

Post Number: 1
Would you trade them for Kef 107's

Username: Heff

Post Number: 27
all i remember about luxman was the moving face plate on their unit. when you turned it on the face would retract and you could work the knobs. cool!

Unregistered guest
here is a link to a luxman preamp cl-35 mk III
I had it open to clean the pots, pics on the site
I had the choice of a marantz 7 or the luxman
both tube units but the marantz was a poor example
I would still like to get a marantz for comparison.
but so for it beats everything hands down,
link;http://rtl.pilosoft.net/PRODIGY.html

Anonymous

I have a pair of mb3045 tube power amps can anyone help with an output transformer??? Also i need information about luxman 1000-pv THANKYOU

Unregistered guest
Glasswolf, you were right the first time. Alpine owns Luxman. I don't get into car audio much but I do know that Rockford Fosgate now owns Hafler. I think that is sad. Hafler had their own "unique"
circuits. I guess for the car audio "guy" that is a good thing.

Unregistered guest
Anyone heard of a luxman c-02 preamp and a m-02 amp they are in the gold finish....any ideas on them

LEON
Unregistered guest
Luxman have a website in english. Not as comprehensive as the japanese one, but still you can get information on their current models. Judging by their prices here in Japan, it seems to be pretty high-end stuff. Never had a chance to listen to one though.
http://www.luxman.co.jp/english/index.html
Cheers

Beanski
Unregistered guest
Hi, My name is Dave....I'm looking for a main power transformer for a Luxman R 1050 receiver. Can anyone help me with this, or provide me with any info where I might purchase one.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

skurk
Unregistered guest
Hi, has anyone ever heard of the luxman's m-111 amp? I don't know if it's integrated or needs a preamp or is a preamp or what. I'm not an audiophile, anyone got any info on it? I can't find anything on it anywhere.

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Post Number: 334
It is an amp made by Luxman in 1991 that is 4 x 25 watts. It originally listed for $400 and now sells used from $100-$150, depending on the condition and who you are buying it from.

Bronze Member
Username: Myrantz

Post Number: 75
Luxman is in some large electrical stores here in Aus. They certainly aren't the quality of yesteryear but I did purchase a Luxman LD 3000 DVD player. Quite well built, good picture quality with DD and DTS decoders and no problems for past 2 years.

Unregistered guest
The biggest problem with Luxman was attitude. They were a high end line in Japan and saw themselves as the Japanese version of McIntosh. The similarity was never really there. Mac products from the 60's are still in abundant use (I have several myself) and are still serviced without real hassles. Lux had an entire division that worked on bizzare items made from one off parts and obsolete tubes. The first products that came to America were tube power amps designed by some very good designers that have gone on to make a name in the high end business and the sound of the products was tailored to Western tastes. You can probably find old reviews on the Stereophile or Absolute Sound websites.
Lux was marketed through small high end shops for years and then decided they could compete with Yamaha and downgraded everything to that price level. The products almost always had a gimmick such as sliding doors and drawers or buttons that slowly recessed into the face plate. The integated amp they sold as a hybrid in the 80's had a clear panel where you could see the tube glowing (if I remember correctly it was a 6DJ8 input tube) but when you looked at the schemactic, the tube wasn't actually in the circuit, just a voltage run through it so it would glow. As the products became more gimmicky the sound became plainer and the quality and reliabilty (never a strong suit with Lux to begin with) just didn't exist. Lux was never an easy company to deal with and eventually they started to deny their products could break and, as with all great shooting stars in the world of electronics, they eventually denied even making some products. Dealers ran from them about 1986-87 because warranty items would just disappear into a black hole, parts were either unavailable or defective and the shop was left holding the bag against a very unhappy customer. Remember, this is in a time when most high end shops had in store service facilities. (The store I worked in had three full time, very good techs.) Lux changed importers and distributers several times and finally just fell off the face of the earth. Some of their product was very good and might even qualify as an oddity classic rather like a Lancia Spyder (high end Fiat) might. The biggest problem with Luxman today is when it breaks, which it most likely will, you will probably have a better chance at getting the fuel injection on the Lancia fixed. But still, I have to admit I have a slight affinity for Lux; you see, they gave me a really great jacket back in 1985 that I still wear occassonally. If only their products were that reliable.

Unregistered guest
I have just purchased a Luxman L2 with the original owners manual from an auction, they came with a pair of tired Bose 501's.
After a clean up, I found that I was quickly impressed with the clarity, but found the top end a little harsh, though I find Bose always biting around 10kHz.
In the studio I later added my trusty 'Bruce Simpson' modified 3 way 13" sandwhich cone LEAK's..... absolutley fantastic. The Luxman L2 even brought more life with a tighter base to a pair of Mordaunt Short.
This is now the current set up in my recording studio and so far everything is crisp and sweet. The only two things that I find unusual is that there is no independant speaker A & B switch, also the RCA connectors are in the middle of the chassis but underneath. This makes it awkward for thicker interconnects in a rack mount or table-top set up. I can photocopy the owners manual for those interested in the Luxman L2.
Just drop me a line at : AURArecords@theoffice.com.au

Unregistered guest
I have a Luxman R-114 Stereo receiver/amplifier which is about 12 years old. It is cascaded with both a Luxman cassette recorder/player and a Luxman CD player. All the equipment has performed flawlessly for the years I have owned it.

I have recently bought a Sony HD TV monitor and feed it with an HD TV cable box, a DVD recorder/player, an OTA tuner and on occassions, a digital cancorder.

I recently wished to connect my receiver to my computer so that I could amplify any online radio station and listen to it through the Luxman's speakers. I have connected the computer via 2 audio cables to the receiver, but no matter which input I try, there is a very loud hum which nearly obliterates the station I am trying to listen to. The Luxman has only a two pin plug, so I have also tried using a seperate grounding wire from the chassis of the Luxman through an outlet in the Monster cable multi outlet power strip which feeds all the other goodies. I have tried various inputs on the Luxman such as tape 1 or tape 2 inputs, but the hum remains.

Can anyone please suggest what I may be doing wrong?

Any suggestions will be gratefully received. Thank you

Jan Vigne
Unregistered guest
If the amp and computer are not on the same circuit breaker you could have a difference in grounding potential. Not uncommon to find hum in that situation. To fix the problem, if this is the cause, you will have to move one of the pieces so they are both plugged into the same circuit or have a professional, licensed electrician change one of the circuits. If you suspect this might be the cause of your hum you can begin by running a long, heavy gauge (14 AWG or thicker) extension cord with a three pin grounded plug from one location to the next and plugging both into one circuit temporarily. If there is a reduction in noise this is probably your best fix route.

Unregistered guest
I just inherited a Luxman 1050 receiver, a brand I knew little about. I think it's really great looking though, and I'd love to look for the correct turntable and/or speakers. Can anyone tell me what year this unit is from and what model # turntable and speakers I should look out for? Thanks!

Unregistered guest
hi, I have come across a Lux product I believe was marketed under the brand of L&G, a sort of downgraded version of the original. It is an integrated amp rated at 250w and in a wooden cabinet. It is free of the sliding or retracting doors n stuff and the model number is 2500T... It plays ok, but ive not been able to play it thru a good set of speakers... can any one tell me a bit more about this vintage... all I can find out is that Lux created the L&G line in 1972... Is this a good sounding amp??? The build quality seems pretty good but the cabinetry is a veneered plastic type thing. It has quite a few functions on the front panel inc a tone defeat and three fillters , one ea for sub, mid and treble. and a row of lights for left and right channel output.. OPINIONS please!!!

Unregistered guest
I am loooking for a manual and schematic for a Luxman C 02 preamp. If anyone can help, I will be most appreciative. Many Thanks!

Unregistered guest
I aquired a Luxman R 1120 reciever and need repairs on it. The tuner seems to work as shown by meter deflection but no amplifier output to speakers. Any advice on where to get it repaired. I have heard of Luxman from high end audio magazines and expect great sound from it if I can get it repaired. I live in SouthEast Florida and dont know of high end repair facilities in the area. Any help would be appreciated.

Jan Vigne
Unregistered guest
First, take the cabinet off and check to see if the fuses are blown. Could be a simple fix.

N.C. Hamsund Boberg
Unregistered guest
Hi
I'just found this beautiful CD player from LUXMAN , D 225 , in a dumpster,
cleaned it , in/outside , connected to my system , sounds very nice.
Problem is: I can't find any info about it anywhere.Does anyone have a tip ?

Unregistered guest
Remote for LUXMAN CD player D 225 WANTED

Silver Member

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Post Number: 486
I recommend contacting Luxman through their website. This is probably a rather old player and it may be difficult to find a remote or any other info on this cd player. You may need a universal remote--and even then you may have to test and see if it is compatible for old Luxman codes.

Hopefully Luxman has kept information for this model.

Unregistered guest
Any one has experience using the CL-35 MKiii for Luxman ? I plan to change only 1 pair of tubes of 12ax7. However, I don't know which pair should change. The alignment of the tubes are these:-

x7 x7 x7 x7 u7 x7 x7

please help.
I use phono as source

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest
What tubes you should change depends on what you are trying to accomplish. Is there aproblem with amp? If not and you think you need to change tubes for some reason (?) you can usually depend on the fisrt 12AX7 being a phase splitter that feeds both channels. Problems with this tibe are weak sound in both cahnnels or noise in one or both channels. The next two AX7's are probbably phono, you can try to trace the in/out on the boards or simply, with the unit turned off, remove the tubesand se what still plays. The 12AU7 is more than likely a gain stage for the phono feeding into the line stage which is the next pair of AX7's. This is typical layout for a tube unit but not all pre and power amps are wired the same. What are you trying to accomplish that you are only changing out one pair of tubes?

Unregistered guest
I bought the LUXMAN 007 series set for about $5000.00:turntable,cassette deck, equalizer,cd player, tuner in Sweden but moved to USA.

It produces excellent sound. This was about 10 years ago. Does any one know how much this whole set can go for in US dollars today?
Has any one heard of this model before?
Are they still being produced?
It has a gray textured coating on it.

Unregistered guest
Bought a Luxman 2500RS the other day, 600 bucks australian, have seen it advertised for 650 euro, even 750, which is well over double what i paid. What exactly is up with all this discrepancy in cost? Anyone else got a similar unit? Comments about it, pretty happy with it so far. A few gripes, the remote is the same as that for higher models, so some of the buttons dont work, also some which are intended to do one thing, wipe radio stations from memory. Also, i hear a slight pop when my CD player changes tracks, as, when the optical connection stops pumping out sound the unit closes the connection and sez 'unlock' which is japanese weird for error maybe. The Yamaha is a zillion times more user friendly basically, but i get over it due to the sound.

Apart from that though, the sound is very sweet, much better than my old yamaha Rx-495. Also, youve got gold coated inputs in the back, 4 optical ins too. All the speakers have decent power coming out of them, and my jamo rears are really kicking out a lot more sound than they used to. The BOSE 540 something or others go very nicely now too. Anyone else got comments?

One thing, little or no info on the net about it, not even on the japanese site, anyone else dug up anything on the amp?

Unregistered guest
I have a Luxman Turntable PD-284. Nice brushed aluminum deck with wood trim.

A little off topic. Can anyone provide a lead on the Sony Series Seven Set of components? Seems to have been producced for other than the U.S. market.

Thanks

Timppa62
Unregistered guest
Hi from Finland. I still have an old LUXMAN L-4 (L-2's big brother?) as a heart of my "second" hifi-system ( in my bedroom). It's from year 1978. I found in from streetmarket (very cheap indeed..) ten years ago. I didn't know about it's technical information. So I sent a email to japan via their wedpages and a day later I got all the information I asked. Very quick and friendly service from them...

Unregistered guest
To "Luxman Fans" (HenryChan@teacher.com): regarding the Lux CL-35-III tubes: Looking from the back of the unit, the first 3 tubes from the left (12AX7, 12AX7, and 12AU7) are related to the phono section. I suggest replacing the first two of these with Matsushita brand 12AX7's if you can find them -- the Matsushitas are the most satisfying tubes for this unit as well as for the phono section of the conrad-johnson PV5. Try to get tubes that aren't too noisy. E-mail me at forlino@comcast.net if any other questions.

The remaining four 12AX7's are more for the high level section. I use the PV-5 for the phono section (since it's better and deeper and more convincing and realistic for classical music than the phono section of the Luxman), and the Luxman for the high level section.

Eva-Lena
Unregistered guest
Hi.
I found this Norwegian company site (English text) with information about Luxman and other brands: http://www.audioinvest.no/index2.htm

Unregistered guest
Unforutnately, I have to agree with Jan V about the reliability of Luxman. I purchased an R-1120 in 1979 and loved the sound and look of it. I lusted for more and purchased a C1010 and M4000A power amp in 1983. It sounded so good that I purchased a second amp in 1984 to bi-amp my AR9's. The second amp I bought died in 1991, and Commercial Electronics had it in-shop for 7 years and could not get the parts to repair it! The second amp died in 1999, and both have been in a service shop that promised "it could fix anything". They are both there still...

The biggest problem is a lack of a repair manual... anyone have one I could purchase for the M4000A... (NOT The M4000!)? I keep nagging the poor guy, but since he is trying to do the repair for a fixed price, I have to be patient.

I have since purchased a used R-1120 again... back full circle... and it is driving the AR9's quite well indeed. But, even if I were to win the lottery, I would not purchase a new Luxman product even if it were available. I would more likely buy a Bryston system... they offer a 20 year warrenty and get great reviews for their sound in the mags like Stereophile. When I have listened to Bryston, it sounds quite excellent... maybe not as "lush" as the Luxman, but at least it will still be running in 20 years. Probably outlive me... : )

I do have a Luxman R800 receiver I picked up cheap on eBay set up in my classroom whichsounds and works just fine, however. If one gets the things cheap enough, and they are working, that should be ok.

Harald
Unregistered guest
Hi,

I bought a Luxman L540 HigEnd-Amplifier in the 90's, it's still working day for day.
Since a couple of weeks I've a little problem: in Direct-Mode it is ok, but if I put the Direct-switch off - maybe to manage bass and treble - the sound turns down.
Has anyone an idea for the cause of this problem and how to solve it?

Anonymous

Any one hear of LV-107V luxman integrated amplifier. Recently got one. But don't know much about this unit. Need some specs or information or anything on this unit. Thanks!!!

nonohello
Unregistered guest
Do you know where I can find some information about the Luxman A-471 (Stereo Integrated Amplifier) launch I think near 1999. Thanks

EddieD
Unregistered guest
In 1985, at the ripe age of 20, I bought a Lux Amp/Receiver and its like cassette deck (couldn't afford the CD player as CD players were just out on the market then and big $$$$$). I ate Kraft Mac n' cheese for two months to pay for the stuff with no regrets... Forgot the model numbers, but the front plates had servo motors that retracted the plates (exposing the controls) when you turned the units on! The illuminated, clear glass buttons looked like something out of a Star Trek movie...girlfriends swarmed from afar and were impressed beyond - we'll I can't share that kind of information on this site, but let me tell you; they we're VERY impressed... I had the admiration of friends and enemies alike....Luxman distinguished me as someone special, with discerning tastes for finer things.....it was the coolest stuff ever. Of course, the sound was impeccable, and I enjoyed the gear until about 1990; when catastrophe struck. The servo motors on both units burnt out within two weeks of each other, and some of the backlights failed as well... The products still sounded awesome mind you.... but something was missing.... yes... sadly, without those motors and lights... I had lost my Luxman MOJO! I then took out my warranty documentation and started dialing service centers high and low to get that Luxman Mojo back.... I called everyone, but they just laughed....and laughed... and laughed..."Mr. D, you're screwed, because not only can't we service Luxman gear, but I don't know anyone else who will touch the stuff"... Seeing some of the newer technology out there, I decided to give the Luxman components a decent burial, and purchased some very nice Marantz stuff... but now absent of those cool lights and retracting panels of my Luxman gear, it seemed the ladies stopped coming around... I had to relegate myself to flowers, candles, and attending chickflicks to get some level of Mojo back... Yup....it's a new age boys, and finding my way through it.... and I'll always miss my Luxman equipment...yes...those were my 'Luxman Days'.. a time where you didn't need Viagra!.... I miss you Luxman... come back and give us guys that real MOJO, baby!!!!

Peace to all! EddieD

Anonymous

Lux is 4 shmucks!!!

Username: The_big_guy

Ah yes, Luxman. The stuff that dreams are made from. As I recall, Luxman audio gear first appeared in the states sometime in the early '70's. Their equipment made an immediate impression because of its aesthetic beauty, but the sound produced by its solid state separates was on a par with most tube gear available at the time. I had the privilege of owning both the M-4000 power amp and C-1000 pre-amp. These pieces were incredibly gorgeous, built to last forever, and incorporated switch gear that was of a quality rarely seen in those days ... or now, for that matter. Used in conjunction with a Phase Linear 700 amp, I bi-amped a pair of Infinity Reference Monitors using the Phase to power the lower octaves and the M-4000 for the upper range. Well, time passed and I temporarily stepped away from high-end audio gear and decided to start a family and buy fancy cars. Over the years, I've been lucky to put back together a very nice home theater system. But I have to admit to occasionally searching around for Luxman equipment. If for no reason other than their looks alone, some of the early Luxman gear deserves a place in the Smithsonian Institute ... or at least somewhere on my AV racks!!!

Jane
Unregistered guest
I have a Luxman unit I bought at auction for $20.00 (Australian$$) The L2 amp spat the dummy on the weekend after a party - the boys turned it up too loud? Speakers are not working on the left channel and the right sounds awful. What is the possible damage - it is (or was) a great sounding unit with Luxman direct drive turntable, Luxman tuner and Technics tape and I have added a Sony CD/DVD. Regards, Jane

Anonymous

Straight, short story: I bought very cheap Luxman amplifier LV 110 (or 120, I dont' remember) in second hand. After four years I burned it. It brokes. Of cource, no parts. But I was older, I had more money and bought much more expensive Musical Fidelity A class, but this year I sold it and run back to another second hand LV 110 paid for 50USD. Now I have two Luxmans - one only for parts in circumstances. I think I will never sell it.

that's it.

Username: Dennis63uk

Nuneaton, Warks United Kingdom

I'm using a Luxman L1 Integrated Amp here all Transistorised. Language on the back of it is all in German. Sound Quality beats my Cambridge Audio Hi - Fi. Very clear sound on the L1 amp. Bought it off a friend very cheap. Don't know what the output power of it is. Using 120 watts r.m.s 8ohm floorstanding speakers. I live in the UK. The sound quality beats the modern Japanese Hi - Fi.

Unregistered guest
I just bought a Luxman TP-117 preamp and M-113 power amp. Unfortunately the preamp can't be controlled without a remote. Does anyone know of a universal remote compatible with the Luxman TP-117?

Pete

Username: Djazzon

AmsterdamNetherlands

looking for information about luxman C-02, M-02 asspecially the user guides who can help me, somebody told me also about a good effekt with upgrading the net supply like seeled adapters

Unregistered guest
HI,

I've seen a Luxman L2 Amplifier. The price was good. But for the exactly the same price I can buy a R1030 or a L-31. I really don't know which one is the best. All the sellers say the amplifiers are in very good conditions... Is there anyone who can help me to make a good choice??

Thanx

yj
Unregistered guest
Can anyone tell how is the Luxman LV-110 compared to modern amps? Is this amp a cheap entry level amp or a decent one ?

Unregistered guest
I recently got an Luxman L540 integrated amp with no owner's manual. Can someone tell me where I can get a copy of the manual so I can find out why the unit runs so hot, it generates as much heat as a tube amp.

kevako
Unregistered guest
Can anyone tell me what the quality of a Luxman LW85 100W Subwoofer is like? Heard of their amplifiers but not speakers.

Username: Tom_c

I have a Luxman R-114 Stereo Reciever/Amp. I want to upgrade to a new surround sound system using a Denon AVR3805 with SDA1 Polk speakers and would like to know if this system is still worth keeping. It seems to have many good responses from friends. Can anyone give me more tech advise? Thanks

Anonymous

Luxman L-540 is a class A amp - that`s why it runs so hot.

Unregistered guest
Wanted..Specifications/Diagrams for the following if possible. Luxman (Avance - Luxkit) Z504 amp, Z501 amp, Z502 pre-amp, Z503 Tuner. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks Stephen

Username: Jaydee

Newcastle, NSW Australia

I bought a discontinued Luxman L30 for my 21st birthday back in 1979, it was then an expensive top end Amp (Rolls Royce), but its rich sound more than justified the expence (a whole Aud$180).
Over the years I have had several audiophile friends coment on the richness and texture of sound, though i have found the bass to be a wee bit muddy.
At present i have this tiny 32watt rms amp driving a set of very efficient floor standing 100 watt Richter Jaguar speakers in a med size loungeroom, i challenge anyone to try and hold a conversasion with the dial on 12 oclock. Don't ever be worried about a lack of power from an older Lux they'll thrash any new new amp of far greater output and with sounds way sweeter to the ear.
This has to be one of, if not the best ever investments i have made over the years.
It has been faultless and still produces superior sweet sounds some 25 years latter.
My biggest problem would now appear to be, what in the hell do i buy when this baby dies (if it ever does) and will i be as happy? and how much will it cost???
My Luxman has spoilt me!

Username: Canadianscouter

Toronto, Ontario Canada

My model R3030 Luxman Receiver with rotary dial tuner sounds great with NAD CD and Mission 772 speakers. However the interior lights have failed, and rotary tuning is the pits in this day of digital tuners.

Am thinking of upgrading (?) to a NAD C740 Receiver or NAD C320BEE and NAD C422 separates.

Any comments or suggestions

earleymaps@hotmail.com

Username: P_u_l_s_a_r

Hi!
Can somebody tell me something about the LUXMAN LV-113!?

Silver Member

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Post Number: 632
The Luxman LV-113 is a 65 watt per channel integrated stereo amplifier originally made in 1988.

Unregistered guest
I would like to find one of those old "spacey" Luxman receivers with the retracting faceplate and big clear illuminated buttons. They look great and nothing has ever come along to top them. I know, I know, the reliability thing...yeah, yeah...I'll take me chances. What are the model numbers if ya please...anybody got one fer sale?

Anonymous

I picked up a Luxman LV-113 at the local Goodwill ($29.99) and noticed that there was a 1/8 inch of dust that had settled in the body of the unit-probably from being stored in the garage. How do you suggest that I remedy this? Canned air? Compressed air? Q-tips?. Thanks in advance

Anonymous

I am considering buying a Luxman R115 receiver (used). Anyone have any info on this item?
Worth, power (watts/channel), age, reliability or anything basically. Cosmetically the unit looks good. Thanks, appreciate feedback.

Unregistered guest
I have a LUXMAN M-05, I have used it since 1988, I have never had a problem with this amp, except for a few burned out tiny light bulbs that my local tuner repair shop fixed in about 45 mins. This amplifiers sound is second to none and the power is incredible. I purchased a pair of Infinity Kappa 9 speakers along with it, and have had beautiful music in my home for years, mainly at Christmas time, however in November of last year r I replaced my music system with a surround sound system (smaller speakers) and the amp and speakers sit in my spare bedroom, I am interested in seeing these Items go to a good home, everything is in "LIKE NEW CONDITION", I live in the Los Angeles area, if anyone is serious about purchasing them, I would love to show it off to you.

Danny

Daniel.Jones73@verizon.net

Unregistered guest
I purchased a PD375 vacuum disc stabilizer turntable many years ago. After 6month the platter seized. Brand new and under warranty I sent the turntable for repair. It took 6 months for the pride and joy of my audio system to be returned.
Many reasons throughout the 6 months had being given to me as to why my beloved turntable was taking so long; 1(would like to buy back), 2(company is going through transition), 3(service department unable to supply parts and tooling at this time), 4(sitting on boardroom table to discuss how to honour warranty and repair item).
I signed the delivery for my turntable and noted the small dent on the front which was listed as caused from removing the platter for repair. This was acceptable, I just wanted my turntable back so bad.
After all these years of limited use and careful handing, and in its own dust cover, I decided to take my baby in for a general cleaning. Watching the person servicing my turntable I was horrified to see a large dent and scratches on the deck under the platter also two machine screws striped and just placed in the holes on the colar over the centre pin. I stopped the process and replaced the platter.
Almost a year now just looking at my turntable not knowing what to do, who to trust, or where to go.
(My system includes the PD385 turntable, Luxman L480 Amp, Klipsch LaScala speakers, could never turn volume past 4 or the windows would start to vibrate.)

Greg AA
Unregistered guest
I have a Luxman R-105 Receiver that I purchased several years ago. It suddenly stopped working the other day. It turns on and sends power to the other components, it recieves an FM signal just no sounds comes from either the A or B port for the speakers. (yes I've checked the connections). The fuse is also working. Any suggestions for tinkering that I should do to fix this? Or should I just throw in the towel and get a new receiver?

rusty11111
Unregistered guest
hi,
my luxman pd-375 direct drive t/t platter won't spin. sound & arm work ok. it has vacuum system & suspect malfunction there Thus interfering with platters function possibly. how does one remove the platter ? hope someone can help. advice would be welcome.
thanks,
rusty

rusty11111
Unregistered guest
Hi,
Rusty again with lux.pd-375 t/t. got the platter off,spindle has taper shaft, must have been stuck because of age. still need help with the vacuum part,thanks,
Rusty.

Username: Jared_purdy

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Luxman R115 receiver with DZ111 CD palyer and K111 cassett deck. I have this system that I bought new in 1989, and have since replaced it with a NAD system. If there is anyone out that is interested in it, I'd be happy to sell it. According to a local hi fi shop (Brack electronics in Toronto) it needs about $150-$200 worth of work on it to get rid of a couple of bugs (static in the volume control when you turn it by hand, and one or two other minor electrical problems). The CD player and the cassett deck work fine. I also have bothe hand sets (for the receiver and for the CD player)There are no dents or scratches. $200 Cdn??

Drop me a line if you're interested.

Gerardo
Unregistered guest
Yo tengo un Luxman 007.No se fabrica ya. Ha funcionado muy bien durante 12 años. Se ha estropeado el lector de CD. No hay repuesto. Puede alguien decirme otro lector de CD optico de otra marca que sea compatible? Gracias

Unregistered guest
I have owned the M-7 amplifier and the matching C-7 pre-amplifier for many years and they are absolutely wonderful pieces of equipment. As to the one comment "Lux is 4 shmucks!!!", I really feel sorry for you. When I look at the build quality of these two (2) pieces, there are extremely very few manufacturers that would ever put this high level quality into any of their gear. It is a shame that Luxman did not try to import more of these kind of products into the U.S.A.

garlic
Unregistered guest
i've got a luxman m02 amp, wanna pair it w/ a preamp. any suggestions? Thank you very much!!

karpov
Unregistered guest
hi, can somebody tell me anything about the LUXMAN LV-110!

NAMXUL
Unregistered guest
Hi
Anybody heard of the LUXMAN CRA-P 120?

Unregistered guest
Please can anyone tell me about Luxman Ocean Four speakers

Anonymous

This must win the prize for the longest thread ...
I bought a Luxman L4 in 1980 and it is still in use today. I have never had a single probem with it. I spent months listening to lots of amps and finally settled on it becasue it sounded much better than the competition. I still enjoy it. It has out-lasted a number of other components.

Shane White (sorry to post as anon but I can't really be bothered registering:-))

Unregistered guest
I recently aquired from an estate, a Luxman C5000a preamp, and a Luxman M-300 power amp. The power amp is Class A @ 45 watts per channel, and Class B @ 160 watts per channel, it has a speaker connecter broken off that can be replaced easier than an internal part, it runs hot, naturally, and other than needing a good pot cleaning, it reproduces flawlessly. Pure Class A sound, I never heard the bass drum pedal squeaking in Led Zep's " Since I've Been Loving You" before I heard it through this amp. An audiophiles dream.

The C5000a is flawless as well, besides needing a pot cleaning itself, it makes an unseperable pair with the M-300. an unusual onboard EQ utilizing rotary dials and toggle switches. Variable and multiple phono switches, and a complete spectrum of inputs/ outputs.

Both units are enclosed in rosewood cases,have gold plated RCA connectors, are really heavy, and are just beautiful to look at. in my 30 years of Hi Fi interest, I have never been so facinated by a component pair, the Duo Beta circuitry in both units is like utilizing a separate a pre/power amp for each (2) channel.
When I use my Sony cdp 705esD,A professional CD deck which also has an independant preamp for each channel, with the set, it reproduces the best and clearest music that I have ever heard from any combination of components, anywhere. It IS like listening to your favorite music, totally reproduced to be much crisper and clearer.
These components were made in the late 70's, and there is nothing made like this Luxman combo.

I am struggling with having to sell these components, and if I do, they have to go to a good home. Anyone interested can email me.

Richard Lord

Unregistered guest
I have a Luxman R-115 and it so so sweet sounding... by that I mean really natural and clear, with lots of power (can never turn it up to even near half way). But I do need the remote - anyone?

Unregistered guest
I have amplifier Samsung C-o1 / M-30s.I think it"s really Luxman.May be anyone know this device ? http://public.fotki.com/Thorens/samsung_irreal/100_0327_new.html

Unregistered guest
I have amplifier Samsung C-o1 / M-30s.I think it"s really Luxman.May be anyone know this device ? http://public.fotki.com/Thorens/samsung_irreal/100_0327_new.html

Anonymous

I have a Luxman L113A integrated ampifier. I have had it since 1983 when I bought it whil living in London. It has been great. Now one of the channels isnt working. Can these things get repaired in Auckland New Zealand where I now live, or is it the end of the line for the L113A?
Tony Johston

Anonymous

I have a Luxman L113A integrated ampifier. I have had it since 1983 when I bought it whil living in London. It has been great. Now one of the channels isnt working. Can these things get repaired in Auckland New Zealand where I now live, or is it the end of the line for the L113A?
Tony Johston

Unregistered guest
Hi
Talking about Luxman. I do have a Luxman P-102 turntable, and it works and sounds great. Has anyone some more information about it for me?
Regards Martin
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us