Bi-wiring-anyone do a side by side test??

Paul T
I ordered a pair of Paradigm Studio 20v3's and they should be here in a couple days, I wondered if anyone has done a side by side test to see if there is a difference between straight wiring vs. bi-wiring..

G-Man
I have owned a number of bi-wireable speakers in my life. Even a pair of expensive ProAc Resonse 2's.

I did learn something between straight wiring and bi-wiring--okay so there is an obvious joke in there, but we will let it pass.

The main difference is on a number of occassions I lost money spending it on twice the amount of wire.

No one in my house ever noticed a difference.

Anonymous

I've got a pair of acoustic resarch ar-9s in front matched to acoustic research phantom 8.3s in rear, wall-mounted; all bi-wired. The rear sound wasn't improved dramatically, but the front channel was--but I contribute it more to the speaker type than the installation type--I switched over to some nice and nicely priced cables from LAT Internat'l.

Username: Smitty

Post Number: 8
Anonymous,

I also noticed a difference on my Acoustic Research 310HOs (predecessor to the AR9). It was very subtle at low to moderate volumes but definately more noticable at louder volumes, the highs were just clearer. Maybe it does depend on the speaker type.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us