Two Speaker per Channel, anyone tried it?

Anonymous
hi, just wondering is it possible to run two speakers behind each amp's channel? (ie, y adaptors)

have anyone try this?
would it work? (two speakers of the same model)

cheers

Please do not try this- I smoked my NAD receiver doing this many years ago, it is not wise to do this because it will lower the impedence to a level that will fri your receiver or amp.

Umm... it's actually done all the time with receivers that have A and B switches. Activate both A and B, and you have the same scenario described above--two pairs of speakers wired in parallel.

True, you DO have to watch total impedance and output levels, but with a relatively decent receiver, it shouldn't be a problem at all.

Sound quality could be another issue, though, depending on many things. If all four speakers are identical, it might be OK. If you have a significant size mismatch, sensitivity mismatch, impedance mismatch, etc., it could sound pretty bad.

timn8ter
Not to mention comb-filtering.

I think he was saying that he wanted to run two speakers behind one seperate channel. I think every receiver out there has A&B and of course that is what you would use to hook up four seperate speakers. He is asking about running two speakers behing Left A & two behind Right A. I think that is okay if you have a receiver that is capable of low impedence ratings, however if you do this with any 8 ohm receiver you are going to run into problems real quick.

Anonymous
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-theater/3236.html

would the image be better or worst!?
those guys on the above post seems to have different ideas.. (ie, same out put for surround back and surrounds)

G-Man
Why do that when you can get a Niles (or other brand)speaker switcher and run any number of speakers playing the same channel, either in the same room or other rooms.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us