Divas by Swan question

shaun6142
Anyone ever heard of Divas by Swan speakers??? Saw a link to them on hometheaterforum and was just curious.

Berny
shaun6142,
you are really getting in deep in this research, aren't you? Now you are starting to look at the swans! Focus man!!! You might not be able to narrow down your choices. That was the point wasn't it??? Seems like you are expanding your choices more and more, hehe!!! Have you put together your system yet? Your head must be reeling from all the variety, yikes. Anyway, I'm just giving you a good natured ribbing, so don't take offense.
I have auditioned the Divas...a friend of mine owns them he also owns the B&W 600 series and, of course this is just my opinion, their difference are subtle nuances. They sound a little brighter than the B&Ws, and a little more musical. I think that the soundstage is a little more pronounced. And they really look NIIICE, and if it is just looks alone, I'll take the Divas over the B&W, but sound wise, it would be a very hard decision!
Well, good luck on your ongoing hunt...hope you can actually narrow your choices down.
cheers

Hawk
shaun:

The company has changed its name in the wake of a trademark dispute. They are now called Onix Rockets. You can find them at www.av123.com

shaun6142
I know..... sorry, thought I was set on the B&Ws until I saw how nice the Onix Rockets (swans) looked. Being new at this I am just amazed at how many manufacturers there are out there. So anyways you liked the swans, and they are comparable to B&Ws? Sometimes looking at some of these brands on the internet you dont know if they are the same ones you would buy out of the back of a white van like the ones I have read about on ecoustics!

shaun6142
I also noticed that the Rockets have 1 ring tweeter and 2 woofers, BUT what about the mid range?

Username: Jon_lane

Post Number: 2
Whoa, the original Swan (Diva) continues on as before - Rocket is not an associated product although appears to have borrowed the original Swan style.

Thanks for the kind words about Swan's performance. If we can answer any further questions, just let us know.

Jon
Partner, The Audio Insider.com

Anonymous

Onix are total rip off of the Swan look.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us