Monitor 7 VS. Image 6T

Mark
Hawk, (or anyone else who's compared)

I think I've narrowed my choice to either the Paradigm Monitor 7+CC370 or the PSB Image 6T+9C. I was originally consdering the 5T, but as David demoed for me when I went to DMC to listen, the 6T has a slightly better midrange presence. (By slight, I mean he had to switch back and forth several times before I could hear it.) The 6T has impressively thunderous bass, but I don't know how "clean" or "tight" it is. They were set up in a large room with an HK 325 driving them. I used the DTS Eagles DVD to demo them.

I'm also considering the Paradigm Monitor 7 system. I can't hear them at the same time; they're carried by 2 different stores. Cost is within about $20 for either the PSB 6T+9C or M7+CC370. I don't currently have a sub; doubt I'd need one anytime soon with the 6T. But I'll get one eventually anyway.

So, what does everybody think of the 2 systems? The price of both systems is about $850 before tax. (The 6T is a cosmetic blem model)

Receiver will be the Sony STR-DB930. (For awhile, anyway.)

Mark
A potential problem with the 6T is their 20" depth. I'll probably only be able to get the speaker about 6" away from a rear wall. (On the right side. Left side won't have a wall behind it.)

Any opionions? Hawk? I will take your advice and listen to the Magnepan in a local store that carries them, but between the other 2 choices, which would you pick? Since the 6T may be too bid for my room, what do you think about the 5T?

Mark
Due to the high cost of getting a center to match the MMG's, I don't think I'm going to bother listening to them. I'd hate to love them, then not be able to afford a matching center.

So, it's betweent the 6T+9C or the Monitor7+CC370. Hawk, please weigh in if you've heard them both. Anybody's who heard them both, please post comments. I can't hear them both at the same time, the 2 stores are about 15 minutes apart.

I can (and probably will) take the 6T's home to try for a week. Can't do that with the Paradigm. Normally, I'd rule out buying just based on the fact that the store won't allow returns or in-home trials, but I don't want to miss out on a better speaker just because of that.

Mark
Bump

Mark
Nobody has an opinion?

FutureAudiophile
Mark,
I tried emailing you with the prices I got from David @ DMC-Electronics but your email came back undeliverable. I went with the PSB 6T, 9C, 10S, and Sub 6 with the NAD T762/T562 combo. I think it makes alot of sense due to the PSB/NAD relationship. They'll be here Wednesday. I'll keep you posted.

Mark
It did? That email address is valid, it should have worked. markz2002 at msn.com is what you used, right?

Oh well, not that important. I was there saturday, and picked up my own 6T set. Big suckers, have fun getting them out of the box. :)He knew who you were and who I was once I said I was from the Ecoustics forum. I'm pretty happy with them so far, but I'm going to compare them with some Paradigm Mini-Monitors this weekend. (I set my sister up with a pair of those, I'm going to bring them home and compare with the 6T.) I'm kinda debating moving up to the Stratus series, figuring I won't be buying speakers again for a long time, might as well do it right this time. (And he gave me a pretty good offer on the Silver i or the Mini)

I would be interested in the prices he gave you, specially for the Nad stuff. If I go stratus series, my receiver will have to go next.

FutureAudiophile
Mark I emailed you...:)

I own the Monitor 7 v.3 with a cc370, a PS1200, and mini monitors for surround speakers. These speakers are fantastic for music and HT. I highly recommend them for anyone looking for a decent speaker system under $2000

elitefan
Mike,
I agree with you that your Paradigm system is really great for the money. How Paradigm can make such beautiful speakers for the money amazes me. What receiver or amp are you driving yours with?
I also like your choice of the mini-monitors for surrounds instead of their dedicated surround speakers.I think direct radiators are much better for dvd concert videos which I am buying much more than movies these days. Great choice.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us