PSB Image or Atlantic Tech 270 with NAD752 for HT

I'm purchasing the NAD 752 understanding the QA issues it might have. However I like the sound and the power for the price. I've narrowed down the speaker system to the PSB Image (5t, 10s, Sur9, and Subsonic6) or Atlantic Technology 270s. I will be listening to 50/50 music/DVD (Music is everthing from Handel to Blackalicious). Anyone have any imput? I can't compare them in the same store, and am not sure I want to bother lugging them out of different stores and setting them up in my house to compare. The prices are about the same in my area.

Hawk
I personally like the PSBs between the two, but either would make a fine system.

Thanks Gramps
I heard a pair of Stratus Minis that were super. Do you think the NAD752 could drive these? If they could, I would replace the 5Ts with the Minis. Maybe the stratus center too. Can the NAD drive these? I can't afford the separates route for HT.

Hawk
The Stratus Minis are a really fine speaker and a significant improvement on the Image line from PSB which I also like. A 752 can drive the Stratus Minis just fine and even drive an all Stratus 5.1 system, if needed. Don't forget, the 752's dynamic power into the 4 ohm load of the Stratus speakers is somewhere around 165 wpc (x 5). That is more than enough power to do almost anything you want to do for sound within a home.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us