NAD T762... What Speakers should I use???

New Guy in the Stereo Store
My Brother and father have been into their home theater systems since as long as I can remember. I on the other hand have just purchased my first receiver. An NAD T762 on my brother's advice. I am now in the market for speakers. I have been advised that definitive technology makes a good speaker. I was thinking of getting the procenter C2, BP10B for L and R, and a pair of BP2X for the rear and a a subwoofer.
Some feedback would be great.
Any other recommendations? I've also been looking at equivalent PSB speakers.

New Guy...
Oh yeah... as for the room dimensions... they change every 6-12 months since I am in the military and move often.

Hawk
New Guy:

Either the Def Techs or the PSBs would be a very good speaker choice. Listen to both to see what you like best. Other good choices are KEF, Krix, NHT, Dynaudios and Paradigm.

New Guy

I would try Swans (6.1) preferbly which should mate up nicely with the warm sound of the NAD T762. Here's a link to Audiogon.com of a guy selling a complete set for 1250.00.

http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?spkrfull&1072295440&class&3&4&

Hawk
New guy:

The Swan Divas has had its name changed--they are now called Onix Rockets (sued for some trademark infringement, they decided it was better to simply remove the disputed name). You can find new ones at www.av123.com if they interest you.

New Guy
Thanks everyone for the input.

Username: Jon_lane

Post Number: 3
Swans did not have the name changed. Rocket is a seperate product from Swan. Swan Speakers continues on as before.

Swan is featured exclusivvely at www.theaudioinsider.com

Username: Jonmoon

Post Number: 8
I will again be the voice in the wilderness suggesting you listen to Martin Logan speakers.

cmm
Unregistered guest
NHT evolution is unbelivable with the Nad t762
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us