Boston acoustics A150

cesar
I'm planning to buy boston acoustics A150 speaker,somebody told me that this model(made '83 to '87)is a classic in its class.I collect old speakers as a hobby. Any violent reaction ?

ringlim
Funny you should ask. I purchased these same speakers in'85 or '86 in college and had taken them everywhere with me since then (I kept the original boxes to ALL my equipment). In '98 I got married and had kids and put the speakers and stereo equip. in the boxes for storage (little hands have a way of destroying things). We just moved to a bigger house and I got my "own space" back. I unboxed the speakers and receiver this week and they are in perfect condition and sound like the first day I got them. I have never had trouble with the speakers and have always thought the sound was fantastic. If you're looking for a classic set of floor speakers the A150s are a great choice.

Berny
oh man, those are classics...3 ways with 10 inch woofers...They don't make them like that anymore
cheers

I need a new 10 for my A150. I was wondering what ohms it is. I want to buy a speaker at the correct ohm setting. I am assuming it was 8. I am not sure.

GT
I still use my Boston A-70's daily. Have had them for 15 years now. Mine are 8" 2 ways. I remember the A120 and A150, they seemed expensive back then, but I was poorer. If they've been taken well care of, they'd should still sound good.

I have the Series II which are 8 ohms but I saw some A70's on Ebay which are 6 ohms. Apparently this must be one of the differences from Series I and Series II.

Hughbadoo
Love the A150s....but both my 10's have deteriorated from years of use...looking to replace them!

Anonymous

The foam rings around my woofer cones finaly deteriorated after about 15 years of steady use. A little investigation taught me that BA still manufactures the cones for the a150s (all 3 series). I just had my wooofers replaced at by an authorized dealer for $120 american and they sound like the day I got them. Over the years I've acquired newer speakers with updated technology, but am yet to find speakers that i would trade for for my a150s. I love em.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us