PIONEER ELITE 43TX AND DEF TECHS NOT HAPPY WITH EACH OTHER...WHAT DO I DO??>?

Bronze Member
Username: Djtorch

Post Number: 42
I have had the Pioneer VSX-43TX for a few months. It works ok even though it seems like you have to really pump it up to get some some speakers to respond. Well, I finally saved up enough money to get the DEF TECHS BP2002s and a C/L/R 2300. The system at normal volumes sound good. HOwever , when I turn the system up to near zero. The reciever cuts off. I called up Def tech and they told me that's simply the max those 2 pieces will do together. I'm wondering if there is any work around for this problem. The system is loud...but, it' snot that loud. I'm now in a position where I either have to get rid of the Def techs or the Pioneer.

Bronze Member
Username: 514329

Post Number: 14
try another reciever or speaker first before u return the others.

Anonymous

Hey
I have the Pioneer VSX-43TX with Def Tech BP8B's
I don't know why you have to go to zero on the volume. I cannot reach -20, so you probably don't have the 43TX setup correctly.
Make sure u are setting it to 6 Ohm because Def Tech speakers love 6 Ohm, so when you click the speaker button it should say 6 Ohm Not 8 Ohm.
After that adjust all channels to +10 and also use the loudness button, Hi-Bit, DNR, and MCACC button.
After that it should change dramaticly, if you need more information e-mail me at furi76@aol.com or call me at 760-898-1654, I am happy to help anyone with Pioneer and Def Tech's cause I have the same.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
Thanks for that info. I do have the Pio now set to 6 ohm. However , your other settings I do not. my loudness , Hi-Bit, and DNR are off for sure. But, won't that add more noise (hiss)?

Username: Levike

Cathedral City, California USA

Post Number: 7
It will add more noise, but you cannot reach zero on the dial, because it will be way too much power. I only reached -11 once for about 2 min, after that my ear were hurting.
Hope this helps
Need more help e-mail me

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
Something must be wrong then. Or my ears are in bad shape. I have it at 11 all the time. It's lound but does not hurt my ears. Not even close.

Username: Levike

Cathedral City, California USA

Post Number: 8
Hey
Also make sure you select LARGE SPEAKER for the fronts and center.
What kinda subwoofer are you using?
Also press the tone button and adjust the bass and treble.
Okay turn on all of these
Loudness Button
DNR Button
Tone and then adjust bass and treble
Hi-Bit Button
MCACC Button

This should make your sound louder and cleaner.
Take Care

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
OK..I tried some of those. Not noticeable difference. I'll keep trying. I'll give it a few days. If I cannot get them to work right. I'm looking for a good deal on a 2 way for the fronts. if that does not come through...goood bye PIO!

Silver Member
Username: Smitty

Canada

Post Number: 110
If DefTech told you the receiver can't power those speakers I would look for something else. You really shouldn't have to set the loudness on, from my experience that's usually for when the volume is set low and you want it to seem 'louder'. Have a look at this thread for some other suggestions with DefTech:
DefTech Recevier Suggestions
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us