CAN SOMEONE HELP... i've got the boston 9000.... need help picking which reciever is best for it ($1k - 1.5k price range)

ny giants fan
I'm looking to build a home theater system... It's a small (13x13) room, and I'm hoping to make a great little home theater... I've got a 50" tv (toshiba 50g50 rear projection for now... hope to upgrade at some point)

I want something that I'll be happy with for a few years at least... as I'm getting married in December... and probably won't have the money to throw into HT equiptment that I'd like to...

I've been thinking a lot about the Marantz 7300 (or maybe waiting for the 7400 to arrive)... any thoughts anyone... help would be MUCH appreciated.

Berny
Look into the NADs or the Outlaw Audio 950 and 7100 combo for US$1598. I can almost assure you that you won't be disappointed. But then again if you are leaning towards the Marantz, go for it...but the Outlaw combo can't be beat.
cheers
http://www.outlawaudio.com/home.html

G-Man
You have a somewhat small-ish room with the Boston Acoutics 9000 speaker system. These contain the micro series of speakers with a self-powered 120 watt sub woofer. As this set-up is usually bought at $900 or less and doesn't require much power--nor do you need a lot of power in that room--any receiver that you like in the $400 to $600 range would make sense.

If you can live without Dolby Prologic II the Outlaw Audio receiver (I think it is the 1050) which can be bought online for $499 would be great. You might try the NAD T742--or what would probably be my choice--the Pioneer Elite 43tx. This unit can be gotten under $500-it is THX certified, has all the popular formats, plenty of power, looks great, and has a manual version of MCCAC (which is the excellent sound calibration tool for maximizing the balance and acoustical mix in your room).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us