(Help!!!)Anybody auditioned both Epic Grand Master and Ascend Acoustics?

Anonymous
Hello,

I narrowed down to the above systems with my budget of $1,500. Axiom Grand Master(M22ti + QS-8 + VP 150 instead of default VP100 + EP 175) vs. Ascend (CBM-170 + CMT-340c+HTM-200 + VTF-2). I am also considering B&W DM 600 S3 with the budget of $1,500 and lastly Paradigm Mini Monitor although Paradigm Mini Monitor is around $2,000. If you auditioned all 4 that would be the best scenario, however, if you've listened at least 2 of the above, please help me. I am confused after a long search. FYI, i will use this system 67% classical music and 33% DVD movie. And my room size is around 300 square feet with 10 foot high. Thanks.

GT
What receiver are you using?

Anonymous
I need to buy a new one. So please recommend me one also! Thanks.

Anonymous
Please advise me, GT. Sorry to get back to your question late.

GT
The Axiom setup is very good. I'm looking at the same thing to pair with my HK 325. The Ascend is very good also. I think it comes down to your preferences. The Ascends only come in black and aren't very pretty but sound great. The Axiom comes in a variety of colors and is definitely the better looking of the two. I am looking at the Boston Cherry color myself. There was a head to head comparison of the M22 vs CBM-170 and the CBM won out barely but the reviewers said it was very close and a matter of preference. I think the Ascend has more bass but that will be negated by a subwoofer.

Speaking of subs, if the EP 175 really cost $500, I would deduct that from my system and get the HSU VTF2 ($499) or SVS 25-31PCi ($549) http://www.svsubwoofers.com/subs_pci_25-31.htm
or the Adire Rava http://www.adireaudio.com/home_audio/loudspeakers/exact_series/rava.htm which is $399. I don't think Axioms speciality is the subwoofer. It's good but for the money you can do better.

GT
What's your budget for a receiver? Quick list around $500 would be HK 325, NAD 742, Marantz 5300, Outlaw 1050, Denon 1804 (or 2802 on closeout), Onkyo 601 (or 700 on closeout).

I'm a HK guy myself. The very knowledgable Hawk loves NAD and Marantz and well as the Outlaw. I'm sure he'll chime in shortly. He manages to find good deals too.

Anonymous
Thank you so much! I am leaning toward Ascend because I don't really care much about the exterior but the 'sound' itself. I am planning to give it a try both PSB 'concert theater system' sometime next week.
One more thing, I found myself that NAD 752 + NAD T512 package deal for $799. But i also like the HK in my friend's place, too. What do you think the above package deal? I know that Hawk strongly recommend NAD 752 but don't know much about 512.

Anonymous
Above..I mean give it a try both PSB concert theater system and Paradigm in the same price range..Thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us