Play guitar through speakers?

Username: Boxfactory

Post Number: 1
i want to play guitar through my speakers but im not sure how to. i have my 1/4th to 1/8th, a sound card, and a line in... ok hold on, lemme rephrase...

i can record my guitar through mixcraft fine but i want to be able to plug my guitar into my computer and have the notes outputting through speakers...

mixcraft wont output to my speakers(logitech'szcinema) for some reason so i need some other program. audacity works well playing back reccording stuff already but i want to hear myself play.

is there any amp software than i can just input guitar sound to and have it output to speakers immediately?

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 13230
guitar amp.

We need some help from the players here who have that little battery powered amp that was discussed.

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 2419
Get a Vox Amplug. Plugs straight into your guitar. There's a choice of three. I have the AC30. There is an aux output as well as headphones. It has volume , gain and tone controls.
And they sound good.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 13855

Why do you want to do this? You can't afford a cheap amp? For $20-40 you can have an amplifier. So there must be some other reason you want to play your guitar through crumby computer speakers that won't sound good with guitar anyway and won't withstand heavy metal power chords.

So what are you trying to accomplish?

Username: Boxfactory

Post Number: 2
well, i have a guitar amp, but i want to play through my computer so one, i can hear what im playing while recording, and two, so i can have a sound modifier so its like buying pedals without the buying part. :]

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 13856

As far as hearing what you are playing/recording any line out on your amplifier will accomplish that.

Otherwise, this is the Home Audio section of the forum. Try the Computer section or head to your local guitar shop or a good search engine for effects software.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us