Subwoofer amperage

Scott
I am building a home theater room and I am uncertain how circuits I need to run. I was looking at getting the Paradigm PS1000, but I need to know how many amps it draws.

All I can find for specs is: 750 watts / 200 watts RMS. I know watts/volts=amps, but do I use 750 or 200 or what?

Any help will be appreciated since I do not want to blow any circuits by having too much on a line. Running another circuit is no problem if I have to. Thanks.

Scott

Well, watts is seperate from volts and amps is seperate from both of those. If you live in the US(because of different power requirements), I think your standard circuit breaker would work, altough someone correct me if I am wrong. You can draw a LOT off of one circuit. I personally in my room have my 21" monitor, 20" TV, receiver(Kenwood VR-407), DVD player(Kenwood DV-4070B), PS2, sub, my computer(draws an insane amount of wattage, will go up to 400w), then also on this circuit is my webserver, cable modem, wired/wireless router and hub. Plus cell phone charger, etc. No special circuit breakers here, just your standard GE one we picked up at ACE or Home Depot(I forget). If you are running it through a power conditioner, then it should not be a problem. I dont know enough about this subject to tell you a definate answer, so maybe one of the more senior members of the crew here can advise.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us