Mirage Frx-C - anyone know where to find one?

Terri Cooper
Thanks to some great advice (thanks again Hawk) I ordered a set of FRX-3 bookshelf speakers at a bargain price of $150.00. Based on what GT, Hawk and others have said, I will need to locate the center speaker to match these to enjoy DVDs. My problem is this line of speaker is being discontinued and I can't find the FRX-C center channel. I have called several of the online dealers (stereoexchange.com, etc.)locally around my home, etc. I was wondering if anyone knew of other places to call/write. Many thanks for your help!

GT
I found a used one in very good condition for $120.

Terri Cooper
GT,

You are great! HOw did you find these places? I have been searching the last two nights through every search engine known to mankind to try to find something! I have emailed all three places and hopefully Monday will be able to call and find out more. Thank you SO much for your help. I will keep you informed...My FRX-3s should come in this week. WHat do you feel is the best kind of cable should I use to hook these up with? (again, nothing too expensive) I know nothing about that either except there is a type called Monster? Any help on that matter is greatly appreciated as well!

Terri

GT
All I did was a Google search. I would think it would work the same for everyone.

For speaker wire try some Sound King 12ga wire. It's only $21.50 for 50 foot spool. It's been highly recommended on other forums.
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&User_ID=15744825&St=6542&St2=54200054&St3=-41352574&DS_ID=3&Product_ID=2790&DID=7

Partsexpress.com also has banana plugs to make connecting your speakers easier. I like using them because you can disconnect/reconnect speakers more easily when moving things around. Plus they're much easier to connect to your receiver than bare wire. You want the compression/set screw type which makes it easy to insert the wire.

If you need other cables try their Dayton brand. Its much less expensive than Monster stuff.
http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?&DID=7&WebPage_ID=59

Here's a good deal on banana plugs at Ebay. 10 plugs (5pr) for $15.95. You'll need 10 plugs for 5 speakers. You may actually want 20 plugs so you can connect to the receiver also.

Terri Cooper
Thanks GT for this information. Still searching for the center speaker. Two of the three sites do not carry it anymore. One man suggested the OM-C3 instead, but of course it is more expensive. I am still holding out hope on the used one from audio consultants. They haven't contacted me back yet. Again thanks for the cable information. Have a nice day!

GT
I called the audio consultants store and they said it was there but was being held for somebody. Hopefully it is you Terri. Sometimes its better to call directly than wait for email responses.

Audio Consultants
110 E. Ogden.
Hinsdale, IL 60521
(630) 789-1990

GT
If you didn't get the center speaker try the Mirage site and find the dealer nearest you and give em a call.
http://www.miragespeakers.com/wheretobuy.php

Terri Cooper
GT,
Somebody beat me to the punch from Audio Consultants :( for the used one, but I have found a new one in Manassas, VA for $200! :) I am going to get that one. Thanks so much for all you did to help out!! Take care!

GT
Glad you found one.

GT
Give us an update on the speaker sound when you get everything connected.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us