Sub output - need some advice!

Username: Salespro

Post Number: 2
Hi everyone! I could use some advice on hooking up my HK-PA2100 amp to drive two 10" subs that are built into my 2 front/main speakers (custom built speakers) each speaker has separate terminals one for the main/front speaker and one for the sub - note that you can run as single speaker wire to feed both, currently that's the way it's configured, I would like to drive the subs independent from the mains with my HK amp. The problem is my Onkyo HT-S580 has no preamp output, it does have ONE line level output to be used with a cheap onyko passive sub that came with the receiver. The onkyo does have spring clip terminals outputs for both "A and B" main speakers outs however per the owners manual " when speaker B is turned on, speaker A is reduced to 2.1 channel. Note that my hk amp only excepts one RCA input, that's it. In my research I have found info about Line Level Audio Connectors & Adaptors they would convert my receivers single sub line out to an RCA out. Would this work or does anyone have suggestions for my application?

Upload
Upload
Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 11735
Didn't we already look at this?
The Onkyo out is speaker level, not line level, so you would need to convert that.
Or mount plate amps to each speaker for the bass drivers and not use the HK.
That would be the way I go.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us