Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1365
Let's hear 'em.

I've got all day - I'm at work.

Bronze Member
Username: Kbear

Post Number: 69
I figured I'd post pics of my system. It's nothing special. I'm in the middle of upgrading it. First upgrade is the source which I've already done (the Arcam player). Next I'll be upgrading the Denon to a new integrated amp, then the Energy speakers to something else.

Upload
Entire system
Upload
Arcam DV135, Denon UD-M50
Upload
Denon UD-M50 front
Upload
Arcam DV135 front

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
Upload
Energy C-1 front
Upload
Energy C-1 with grill
Upload
Energy C-1 back

Upload
Energy C-1 and Tannoy Mercury F2

The Tannoys were a recent purchase that will be traded in when I buy my new amp and speakers.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 7678
Nice pics Dan...the Tannoys look nice...I guess they don't sound as good as they look huh.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1372
Nice setup Dan. I have the floor standing Tannoys very similar to your F2s.

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 1808
Awesome Dan. Love that Arcam bud.

Bronze Member
Username: Soundgame

Richmond Hill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 66
Looking forward to seeing your progress Dan. The Arcam is a great place to start. Would love to hear your thoughts on an integrated and plans for monitors (bookshelf or towers?).

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2976
Arcam makes some very nice gear. If you're looking to get an Arcam integrated amp in the near future, take a look at Audiogon. There's a bunch of new in box stuff with full warantees from a few dealers.

Sound By Singer is selling a bunch of new in box stuff and some demos right now at very good prices. They're a Manhattan store that has been around for a very long time. The owner rubs a few people the wrong way sometimes, but they're very good as far as taking care of problems if/when they arise. If I were looking for an Arcam at a good price, I'd definitely do business with them.

http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/search2.pl?seller&Soundbysinger

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
Hey Art,

Yeah, the F2 looks pretty sharp in that pic. Actually, the Tannoys really grew on me. At first I thought they sounded a bit too slow and laid back for the music I like most (rock), and I felt the C-1 was better in virtually all respects. However, after some break in the Tannoys started to sound much better. I just hooked up the Energys again and I now realize there are certain things the Tannoys do that I enjoy more (though I still feel the C-1 times better and feels quicker, love how the grill attaches with magnets too - they just snap right into place). The whole point of buying the Tannoy was to compare them to the Energys and learn a bit about evaluating a system, then moving on from there, but it was always the intention to trade them in later on.

I will keep the Energys for home theatre use. I guess it's possible that I could reverse this and trade in the Energy instead...for home theatre I wouldn't be averse to using either. They are both better than the speakers in my Panasonic GAOO TV, that's for sure!

As for the rest of the system, I appreciate the comments, and thanks for the link Stu. I haven't been able to use the Arcam yet, but I will soon. I'm expecting a bit of a warmer, laid back presentation, but we'll see. I bought this particular player because it does SACD and DVD-A...I have a few of those discs that I'd like to finally hear. I was considering a Denon or Marantz player at first, didn't even think of Arcam as I assumed it was over my budget, but then I happened upon this player on sale, for only $699 (regular price was $1,500). Even $699 was more than I was hoping to pay, but I couldn't pass up the Arcam.

Right now I've got a few thoughts in my head about an amp and speakers. Either I'd get an Arcam amp for synergy (the A28 or A32), or to offset the Arcam's warmth I'd get something a bit more forward. Cambridge Audio 740a or 840a perhaps matched with PMC TB2i speakers (one store in my area sells both CA and PMC). Or, another store sells Dynaudio. I may get the new Excite bookshelf speaker, and the amps they carry are Primare or Rega. I'll also consider Naim matched with Neat speakers, which is what another store here carries.

But that's not going to happen for some time (it's so hard to resist planning though). I need to hear the Arcam first to see what I like and don't like about the sound, then save up for the rest of the system.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 7682
You've got some pretty nice options Dan.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
Thanks Art. I'm open to other suggestions though. What would you guys value more? Synergy gained by using an Arcam amp, or considering the music I listen to would you feel it more important to get an amp and speakers that are perhaps more up to the task? I know Neat for sure has a reputation for great timing and an exciting sound, but I'm not sure what PMC and Dynaudio are known for. Actually I do know PMC is known for deep and high quality bass, which would be a plus since I won't be using a sub. When it comes to amps I know that CA and Rega are good with rock, Primare I've been told would be somewhere in the middle - less forward than Rega, but more forward than Arcam.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
After some further listening I think the Tannoy actually does just about everything better with the exception of timing. It sounds bigger and fuller and punchier (to be fair it is a larger speaker in terms of volume and has the larger bass driver). It's more detailed, images better, and the tweeter sounds smoother and more airy as they say. The one thing I thought I didn't like was that those high frequencies are louder than with the Energy. I've seen measurements for other speakers in both lines and the Energy measures flat while the Tannoy has peaks in the bass and treble, especially the treble. I think I'm hearing that and that I might like that presentation. One reviewer described the Energy as having midbass bloat...I can kind of see where he's coming from.

I'm unsure, but I think the reason the Energy may have better PRAT characteristics is due to less resonance. When I tap both speakers there is no doubt the Energy has a deader sound. It's actually very easy to hear the difference, it's that pronounced. Anyways, it's been interesting comparing the two speakers, in the same room with the same amp and source.

And I guess you can say I'm rethinking my plan of trading in the F2 and keeping the C-1.

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2978
Dan,

When the time to upgrade gets closer, you should start a new thread. A lot more people will be able to help you out. Just a few thoughts...

The differences between the Energies and Tannoys could be due to the amplification. If the amp is working harder for the Tannoys (even at the same percieved volume or knob position), it'll sound different. The amp may be straining with one and not the other due to impedence, phase angle, and so on. I'm not bashing your Denon, but its not going to have as stable of a power supply as a full fledged amp. Or, maybe the Energies are simply a better speaker.

Your Arcam source is a very well made and good sounding source. It'll be very hard to better it for the price. I'd look into Arcam amplification first, then everything else after you determined that Arcam isn't for you. Arcam is a little warm and laid back, but not that much. I wouldn't choose an amp that's forward and bright to ofset this. While it sounds great on paper, it hardly ever works out that way in the end IMO. Furthermore, I'm not sure I'd mix most of the amp brands you listed with Arcam, due to synergy. When you have a synergistic system, the whole is greater than the parts.

I don't think Primare is more forward than Arcam. I think its more laid back, but very cool, almost cold sounding. I don't think they'd sound good together at all.

As for speakers, that'll get determined by what amplification you choose. It'll also be determined by your room, how much volume you need, and listening habits.

PMCs are excellent speakers. One of their claims to fame is bass quality. With their monitors, its quality, not quantity. It'll be very tight and tuneful, but its not going to punch you in the stomach. Their higher end stuff will, but you're talking $5k and up.

Totem makes excellent speakers that pair up very well with Arcam. Don't hold me to this, but I'm pretty sure Totem uses Arcam gear in voicing some of their stuff. A few people here have e-mailed Totem about amplification, and Totem has always told them Arcam as a starting point.

Just some thoughts. Again, when the time is closer, starting a thread will bring a lot more opinions.

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2979
Sorry, forgot to mention -

PMC's are a very clean, uncolored, accurate speaker. Very live and un-stereo sounding, if you will. They have a huge soundstage and image with the best of them. Very pacey and punchy. I haven't heard the TB2i. The DB1+ (not i) was a little thin sounding and needed a sub to my ears.

I haven't heard them with Arcam, but it should be an interesting match. They're most often paired up with Bryston and Naim.

Another excellent speaker to look into is Audio Physic. I chose those over a few you mentioned.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
Hey Stu,

I'll definitely start a new thread when I'm ready to buy.

I was able to hear the PMC DB1i recently. Cambridge 540a or 640a was the amp, Marantz was the source. It sounded really good to me but it was a short listening session with only one or two songs. I'd have to do a more extended session to really know what I think. Techradar did a review on the DB1i and from that review and what you are saying it seems exactly what I'm looking for...except for the fact I'd opt for the larger TB2i instead.

There's actually another dealer near me who does both Arcam and PMC. So that may be an option. A few Totem dealers around too, so I may look into that. In fact, the store I got the DV135 from sells Totem. And the place that carries the Dynaudio/Rega/Primare also carries Audio Physic.

There are plenty of good dealers in my area. I think I've got enough high quality brands on my list that I can keep it confined to what's been discussed so far and not have too much trouble building a system that works.

Gold Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 1738
Here's some of my very new pics of some very new stuff.

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2990
I think we have another Nuck on our hands.

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 1996
Hmm, nice shade of gray T.W.
Better than the battleship gray of old NAD.

Leave the lens cap on did we :-)

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 7705
TW...where are those pics my brother...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1741
Yep im like Nuck,me and my wife went to the shrink site she set it up but she went to bed,so when I try to load them it takes them off of the desktop instead of the shrunk,pics when she gets home we will figure it out.

Silver Member
Username: Pcstockton

Post Number: 208
Lets see more more pics people!!!

Tawaun??

Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 10735
Heartless b@stards...

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 7706
LOL!

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2993
Sorry, Nuck. I had to.

With that said, I think I've used that exact same line far too many times in this thread. Maybe I should back off a little?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10742
Back off Sh1t, Stu! Let er go! It is fun space, at my expense, just like divorce court!

Silver Member
Username: Scorpio1

PA USA

Post Number: 230
Great sense of humor Nuck.

Gold Member
Username: Mike3

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 1447
I'm just happy we were able to scroll all of those Nuck in Tux pictures off of this thread.

Gold Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Brooklyn, NY United States

Post Number: 1936
No pix here, but did anyone else know that Harvey Electronics is in Chapter 11? Even worse, did anyone else know that they had a "going-out-of-business-sale" at them?

This all came to a shock to me when I went to visit their flagship store on W45th St. today.

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2998
I didn't know that. How long is this going on for?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1937
It's over, all the stores are gone, everything was sold-off down to the bare walls (All that McIntosh gear!). I spoke to a salesman at the Harvey Electronics room @ ABC Carpets on B'way at length this afternoon who told me the company plans to emerge from Chap.11 soon, and plans to focus on high-end home automation. They will still sell McIntosh (so they say), but only by special order, they will no longer stock high-end gear.

http://www.dealerscope.com/story/story.bsp?sid=94346&var=story

This sucks.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10753
Missing the sale REALLY sucks!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1938
Yes, it does. I think I'm going to need grief counseling.

Scotch will have to do.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10755
cheers, Chris!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1939
Upload
John, Mark and Robbo's "The Smokey Peaty One"
http://www.whiskymag.com/whisky/brand/jon_mark_and_robbos/whisky1901.html

Gold Member

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 1449
Now there's a pic!

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 7741
It's even reasonably priced...hmm.

I'll have a drink and...well I'll just have a drink.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1940
As most here know, I do love a good bargain.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1941
A nice article about this whiskey: http://www.sfchroniclemarketplace.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/05/18/WIGG 0ISROP1.DTL&type=printable

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 7745
Hey guys speaking of bargains...this just in...

The new Paradign series 6 Monitors absolutely smoke the series 5. So far my source tell me that they've heard a couple of models and they are hear and shoulders better than the previous iteration. Sounds like the potential for some HT speakers for me in the future.

I'll give 'em a listen next time I can. It would be nice to once again be able to recommend Paradigm.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1840
Art- I agree with that. I did not care for the design reasons behind the new Monitor series. After sitting down for a good hour and auditioning the new Monitor Series, I was absolutely shocked. My best friend has all V5 series all around, fronts being the 11's. My new V6 7's blow his V5 11's clear out of the water. I mean i REALLY enjoy the V6's that much better. I am thinking its almost time (perhaps this weekend) to properly setup the new Monitor 7's in the two channel system to see how they fair in music against the RS6's. For theater though I can easily say I enjoy them more.

Bronze Member

Richmond Hill Toronto ..., Ontario Canada

Post Number: 88
Nick,
Would like to hear how those Monitor 7's line up against those RS6's for music. Let us know if you get to it. Thanks.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1418
I had no idea that the v6 line was out...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1862
Yup, the 7's I got are the new 6's with the magnetic fronts. They were surprisingly good IMO

Also, FWIW, I got to hear the new NAD series AVR's yesterday in Just Hi Fi. Also talked to the owner about them. He and I both agreed that they absolutely smash the older stuff sonically. Much much better. He was telling me, and so was Unbridled ID that the full new lineup of NAD classic series stuff coming out this fall for NAD, will sound just like the Masters series, but will be a higher end Classic series. The classic series will also go up 15-30 percent in money as well. They are trying to take back some pride and trounce Cambridge and Rotel.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10771
Can't wait to hear some of the stuff, it's about time for some better mid range gear.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1864
Definitely Nuck- they are releasing a ton of stuff this fall. It has a new look, new sound, and comes equipped with the bells and whistles, and all at a mid range price. Should be interesting to hear it all.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 7788
Meanwhile I've been breaking in the ELS 3's and can say bravo to at least one cheap piece of gear.

Also had a new set of interconnects come in the mail from my favorite dealer yesterday. van den Hul's The Wave...it replaces The Well Hybrid in the main system and The Well will move to the second system, the D102mkIII moved out as trade in.

http://www.vandenhul.com/p_B61.aspx

Juts burning in and I'm still not sure which I like best The Well or The Wave...they are both outstanding!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1865
Sweet stuff Art. When I picked up the Ortofon cartridge for the Dual I also grabbed up some banana plugs for the speakers. I never thought Banana plugs would change the sound, but I think it actually has. I just don't know if I like it as much yet. Wierd. Still sounds good though.

I am going to keep an eye out for those Epos.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 7791
You can't expect too much from the Epos. In a small room they have a sweet midrange that is open and detailed. Everything is proportioned just right. Tight though not deeply extended bass and a high end that never offends. They time like crazy and have excellent sounstaging and imaging is far better than anyone should expect from such an inexpensive design. Can't play 'em loud but for low to medium levels and completely fatigue free listening they are the ticket.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1758
Art,put some power behind them,and you can play them much louder than you think.Art how's that snappy upperbass?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 90
Art, sweet "green" interconnects. Let's just hope they don't biodegrade on you...

I'm sure it will sound great.

Nick: don't be surprised too much. Bananas can make a big difference. I bought some no-name monopricecable bananas and they worked great from a convenience perspective, until I discovered that they actually removed some of the detail in the highs. They were kind of introducing a hiss in quick symbols. Now I'm running bare wire to my posts - less convenience but better sound. Would recommend you doing an A/B comparison. Try hooking the left with the bananas and the right bare, set your amp to mono. Listen to both channels back and forth and let us know if there is a difference. Cheers!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1868
Great Idea George. I will give that a shot this week. I will let you know.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1763
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Upload
Upload
Upload

Upload

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1425
Holy crap TW. You look like you're ready to open your own high-end audio shop.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 7801
Right on Tawaun...great pics. Is that your cute little one...you teaching her the audio ropes..lol!

Those Infinities are handsome.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1765
Yeah DM my place is the reviewers circle,I have more thats not in these pictures 5 other pair of monitors and the X-150 is not in the pictures,plus three pair of stands.I missed USPS today the Yaqin VK2100 hybrid intergrated will be here tomorrow,for my second system.I guess it is a audio store in a since because it is a lot of stuff for sale.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1878
Sexy gear Tawaun. An audio haven. Beautiful speakers and your new integrated amp looks like it could withstand a shotgun blast.lol Awesome.

Those the new high end line of Infinities? Its about time Infinity got their name back in the hi fi scene and out of the mass market stores. The look like they would sound 'big'. Excellent, just excellent.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1766
Thanks Art yep she's a audio head she waits on DHL,Fedex,and UPS right along wih me,yep thats my little supastar.Her big sister who is 12 got her 1st real system when she was 8 years old,a Sherwood receiver and CDP,and some KLH towers,I guess she's due for a upgrade and the baby is ready for her 1st system.Art I have the Totem WBT biwire and interconnects if you need them they will make a huge difference for ya,I'll make you a good price,whenever your ready.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 7803
That would be great...except the time wil never come that I can afford those puppies but thanks. You can pm the price just so I can drool....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
O.K. Tawaun, now I think I've seen everything. Your spare speakers are your acoustic treatment. No really man, I could only dream...don't think my wife would be able to get me up for air or food, I'd be too busy listening. All the best. Sounds like you're a proud daddy, as well. Good for you!

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 1997
No guessing which is your prize possession T.W.

Very nice gear too!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1767
Thanks Nick yeah its a beast,its unfortunate when your as big and well known as Infinity that people take you for granite.Actually Nick,Infinity has never really stopped making great speakers,hince the current Cascades,the recent Kappa's,the Intermezzo's,and of course the AWSOME PRELUDES,where do you think Revel has gotten most of there technology?Not to mentin their legends of the past the Overture series and of course the all time great Beta IRS.Deffinitive is going thu the same thing right now,the Mythos ST & STS are some of the best speakers under $10K.

Gold Member

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 1455
Realy nice gear TW!

Now you need to get the room set up to be on a level with it, or are you using another room to set your "A" kit up in?

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 3008
Great pics Tawaun.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1768
Thanks George and MR,Yes her and her sister and the little 1's mom are my pride.Everyone here has some nice gear,im really impressed with of you guys room.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1769
Thanks Stu,Micheal the room is actually pretty good it is a huge room,but in Jan. were moving to Denver Colorado,my wife will be making E7 in the army so it will be time to move.On the plus side its the perfect place for a audiophile,its the audio center of the world so its right up my alley,plus its beautiful.Micheal trust me my room will be stellar!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1961
Great pics all around T, especially the little one. What no pics of her old man?

Should I presume you're going to be selling off most of the other gear?

T, If there is an issue (God forbid) with the Chinese gear, what will you do?

Silver Member
Username: Scorpio1

PA USA

Post Number: 237
Awesome pics. Crazy how you manage to accumulate all that gear and have it in the same room no less.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1772
Ed im a junky,but I review a lot of the ID speakers to.The Bada gear has a 3 year warranty Chris,and yes im gonna sell some of this gear,so who ever wants something making me offer,but its pretty clear what staying.lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1962
T, Does the warranty cover round-trip shipping to China?

Let's just hope it NEVER comes to that.

I've been reading up on some of the Chinese gear, and it is all very intriguing.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1773
Im not sure,but I would'nt hessitate to pay it if I had to,so yeah I hope it never happens.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1963
T, What are you hearing with the new rig? How would you compare that Bada CDP to something more widely known like the Rega Apollo or Saturn? At 35lbs, it must be as stable an anvil.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1774
Chris I would'nt compare the HD-23 to the Apollo,it would have to be the Saturn,I just went all balanced today WOW what a difference,this setup is flatout awsome.My MF X-Ray V3 is comparable to the Apollo,and my little Yakin VK-2100 hybrid intergrated came today its 85 watt class A/B with a tube pre,8 tubes for the preamp all for $279.Its eyecandy to with a window with all 8 tubes showing,im telling ya it will do some serious damage to the 1k and under intergrateds the build quality is awsome and it weighs 24lbs,I've been playing it all day,the biggest bargain I've ever run across.

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
Hey Tawaun, am interested in hearing more about the Yakin. Did you purchase online? If so, do they have a website? Could you drop me a line?

How do you think it would work with a pair of Sttafs? Can you describe the sound and what are you running it with - your Infinity Classia?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1964
I've been reading some reviews on the Yakin VK-2100, and while most are very positive in regards to sound, there are some that call into question the build quality.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1776
Chris I know what amp you are talking about I forgot the name of the model it came out before the ML10,I can assure you the VK-2100's build is stellar,it may lack features like a remote control which I actually like at this price.It has 4 inputs no digital connections but the volume control is very nice,its as quite as a mice.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1458
I'm sorry, I couldn't resist...

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1907
lol that thing is huge.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1463
Still a pup too Nick.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1908
I hear ya. I see a guy walking one every few days in the morning and you would swear at first glance he was walking a Deer on a leash. Huge huge dogs. David-your dogs craps are bigger than my dog.lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 123
Hey Dave,

Love your "Woofer". I see you put the tinted covers on it - do you find it sounds better with the covers off? Ha ha

Cool dog. I'm doggy-sitting my parents 9yr old jack-russell. He's a diabetic, takes insulin shot, half blind and p e e s if you make a loud noise - but he's the family dog and as long as he wags his tail we're keeping him around.

Keep him away from your Sttafs - he's liable to use them as a chew toy.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1464
I know what you mean George. We have an old dog as well, love him to death.

The Dane can actually knock the speakers over just wagging her tail, lol.

I keep the Sttafs in the rec-room away from the hounds.

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 1998
There's some great systems in this thread.

But, there are also some real dogs!

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1466
lol! C'mon Nick, let's see the Pug.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1918
lol Dave I was trying to post my Pug last night right after I seen your big guy. But my Photoshop is messed up. Just too lazy to re-install it. Let me find an alternative and I will post my big boy.lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1919
LOL!!! Ok OK...i fixed photoshop. Here is my little dog, Bryston. Yes...I named him Bryston...what?!!lol.

Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1467
That's awesome Nick. Cute pup.

Love the name too.

Maybe we should have started a Doggie Pics thread?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1920
lol perhaps we should.lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 127
Dave/Nick, go for it. You can keep it in the "speakers" topic, after all they would be pictures of "woofers". Some can add pictures of their pet buggies and parrots - "tweeters" and when we get to pictures of our cars, well that that one we'll call "transports". Sound like an idea?
LOL!

Silver Member
Username: Jazzman71

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 274
He looks fabulous in the fatigues Nick. Get 'im a little battery operated Hummer to ride around the yard in. LOL. Too cool.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1922
lol that would be cool. My wife wants to get him these winter army boots, and we already have the matching fleece winter jacket for him that goes with that sweater.lol. Rambo dog.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1468
The woodland camo is cool, but I think he'd look better in CADPAT.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1928
lol good thing my wife doesnt read ecoustics. He would have CADPAT tomorrow.lol. Your right though Dave, the tan colour would suite him more.

It says I spelled Colour wrong....damn American spelling.

Silver Member
Username: Patrickbateman

MA

Post Number: 105
Here's a quick shot of my small room

Upload

Silver Member

MA

Post Number: 106
Era D5
Upload

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1479
Nice setup Patrick. What kind of speakers are those?

Silver Member

MA

Post Number: 107
Hey David Thanks
After a long search, Era D5's

Gold Member

Post Number: 1941
Very nice Patrick. Patrick, Home Theater Magazine did a review on the Era D4's and they loved them. They were being powered by AudioControl Maestro.

http://www.hometheatermag.com/completesystems/406era/index.html

Gold Member

Post Number: 2004
I thought I'd re-post this link where it'd get some more exposure https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/516098.html

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 7938
I hadn't even seen those D5 pics Patrick. I think that was when I was gettin' ready to head to Louisiana.

Some updated and shots of my systems...

Latest incarnation of the HT includes a downsized TV.

Upload

From a 50 in Sony LCD RPTV to a 40 in Samsung...

Upload

Inside the Studio Tech cabinet..that big ole cabinet is spiked to the floor and each shelf has that option as well.

Upload

The Yamaha AVR is still doin' the movie duties and as you can see there is plenty of room for a power amp to help 'er along when I can afford one.

One of my Atom Monitor v5's in Cherry as a rear.

Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11030
nice shots, Art!

Keep the thread going

All looking good
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us