60th Anniversary Mini-McIntosh System...No Joke.

Gold Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Brooklyn, NY United States

Post Number: 2003
http://www.crunchgear.com/2008/09/05/cediacrunch-hands-on-60th-anniversary-mcintosh-upcoming-bookshelf-mini-system/

Upload

I suppose it's going to sound great, but it just seems wrong...very wrong.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 10866
Where is the hideous Mac tt to go with it?

The meters go to 75wpc...sweet!

Silver Member
Username: Soundgame

Richmond Hill Toronto ..., Ontario Canada

Post Number: 136
Is that a Mc mini-system or am I just bigger. Kind of makes you feel like you're the green giant.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 3023
The author wrote:

"I love McIntosh gear. The processors big, the amps are bad and when combined, Twisted Sister feels so right. But for some trust fund kids, the huge equipment just doesn't fit in their West Village studio and so McIntosh is developing a rock'n bookshelf system."

One of the best things I've read in a while. I think the author hit the nail on the head.

I think it pretty cool. But unless you're one of the trust fund kids with a West Village studio apartment, it begs this question - Why get a $10k Mac mini system, when you could a get a full sized Mac system for less than that?

Silver Member
Username: Soundgame

Richmond Hill Toronto ..., Ontario Canada

Post Number: 205
Stu, when you're rich enough to afford a $10,000 mini system, your main system is going to probably be in the $50,000 range minimum. The people that buy this as a bedroom system have no interest in a $10,000 Mc setup...they are looking at "real" concert sound for bragging rights. We just don't play in their world. It's like considering why someone would spend $5000 on a purse or a pair of shoes for that matter. In any case I like the look of it and if I was dripping with money and loved Mc gear, I'd consider this as a novelty item for my bathroom, bedroom or treehouse.

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Canada

Post Number: 2199
Sorry... posted in the wrong thread...

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Canada

Post Number: 2200
Sorry... I replied to the wrong thread. How do I delete a post?

EDIT: Found it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us