Logitech X-540 Sub Enclosure Setup

Username: Vinsanity82

Post Number: 1
I recently purchased 2 seperate logitech x-540 surround sound systems, each containing 5 satellite speakers and 1 subwoofer.

The subwoofers each have a 5.25 inch driver in a ported box (11.25 X 6.5 X 9.75) with a power of 25 watts RMS, described as "high excursion, ported, down-firing subwoofers".

Is there any type of additional enclosure I could build and place the subs in, in order to:

1)Maximize sound quality
2)Limit volume

I live in a dorm and I want them to "hit hard" without getting myself written up for noise violations.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Username: Vinsanity82

Post Number: 2
The x-540 system.

Upload

Username: Checkmatemarine

Post Number: 1
Mark, thankyou for your time and expertise. It is always a pleasure to deal with a person who is both helpful and knowledgeable with his help. From the info here you are right on the money each time. My problem concerns an earlier post and an AM5P, reference your response to jon quoted below:

Jon,
Not to rain on your parade but just exactly which model Bose subwoofer are you trying to connect up here? The information above was for a AM5P subwoofer and for what you're trying to do here, it's about the only Bose subwoofer that would come close to working correctly. Also, please note that your non-Bose CD player MUST have its own volume control because there isn't one on the above mentioned sub. If you try and run line level signal, the sub would be full blast all the time.

The answer to the question about the 10-12V turn-on voltage is Pin 1 of the DIN connector just like it says above. Yes too about the power source. The 10-12v when present on pin 1 of the DIN will cause the subwoofer to power up. Remove the voltage and it will shut down, simple as that. BUT... only if your sub is an AM5P, anything else is going to present problems you won't be able to overcome.

My problem is that the sub is on full volume allthe time. If I adjust the volume control of my preamp too high, above say 1/4 or so, the sub shuts down on overload and will restart. Is there any way short of getting just a regular tuner to lower the sub volume? If I were to tap off my Sony preamp BEFORE the built in amplifier, would that solve my problem or would that also negate my volume control? Also would an inline volume control such as those used in headsets solve the problem right off.

Glad to see your posting again. Hope all went well for you and again thankyou for your time and expertise.

Rich D.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us