Great news from Magnepan

Cyrus
First off i would like to thank all the people (esp. hawk) who helped me end up with nad 752 nad 532 magnepan mmg and hsu sub vtf2. I am really happy with this setup and is a noticeable upgrade from my original *new* rig. It was a little bit of a pain returning all those components but it was well worth it!
In any case, i called magnepan to inquire about the mgmc1 and cc3 for surround hookup. I was worried about the size of the cc3 (36 inch wide) and was not too enamored paying about $1000 for it. To my ecstatic surprise, the nice lady asked if i could wait a short while because they're coming out with a surround set that goes specifically with the mmgs! A smaller mgmc1 derivative and a smaller CC3 derivative. To boot, all factory direct! She didnt have the final specs but said october is a possibility.
Man am i happy. This is the first ive heard of this but if others can shed some additional info it would greatly be appreciated :)

Hawk
Cyrus:

You have made my day! First, thanks for the kind words--I am really happy that I could help.

But this news of a MMG HT setup really has me in a spin. The MMGs are by far the best sounding speaker I have had in my home (and I have auditioned some pretty expensive speakers!) and the fact that they are coming out with a budget system to go with the MMGs is an incredible development! News like this is just what this board is for!

Thanks again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us