Speaker's for Onkyo TX-SR601

Hi all
I have Onkyo TX-SR601 receivers. And want to buy below spekares for it. Need your help! Is it a good desicion or do you have any good suggestions?
Need for 60% Music / 40% HT
Room: 4m X 8m (or 3.65yd. X 7.30yd.)
Budget: 800-1000$

Center: POLK CSI 30
Surround: POLK RTI 28
Sub.: POLK PSW303
Thank you,
Cenk

Rick
I don't like Polk. I have the sr600 which is your model's older brother and I have Paradigms. I love them, their sound is very full and rich, image is awesome. I highly recommend them. I have the system 2 featuring the Titans. Entire set was $1100, L/R, center, sub and 2 surrounds.

elitefan
Polk and Paradigm are both very good speakers and I would think either would sound fine with an Onkyo. I have owned all brands mentioned and have liked them. I would choose Paradigm first but Polks are terrific especially their smaller speakers like what you mentioned and the old RTi series which were awesome for the money. Listen for yourself; you cant't miss with either in my opinion.

Anonymous
I have just bought the older TX SR600. Has any one matched it with Energy Take 5.2 speakers or even considered them ? Room size is 18' x 18'. Thanks for any advice on this.

Thank you Guys. Please keep me posted for new informations

Anonymous
Energy and onkyo sounds good - especially for the money. Much better sounding than all in one packages for not that much more money.

Anonymous
I have the SR600 matched with a 10" Velodyne sub and Monitor Audio Bronze B2s and Center. I am very happy with this configuration. I preferred these speakers over the Paradigm Titans and Polks. I felt the Monitor Audio had a better bass response than the Titans or the RTis. Imaging was very good too.

As another said, Paradigm and Polk are good speakers too. I'd say to listen to the speakers if you can. That is the most important thing is for you to like them.

Hawk
Cenk:

Please describe your room. I need to know what kind of rooom you have to know what would work best. also, do you have a budget?

Rick
The take 5.2s may be a little undersized for the SR600 as it's 80 watts a channel. The Take's aren't rated that high and you may miss fullness if you put the Take's in a room that size. For a $1100 I got my Titan Paradigm 6 speaker system. You could go down to the Atoms and save a little more and will sound better then the Takes. I would put the Take's in a much smaller room personally, although I have good reviews about them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us