Isolating a problem

Username: Timmons

Post Number: 1
OK:

We've got a subwoofer that's producing sound in test-tone mode, like normal. However, it is no longer producing sound when the receiver is doing anything else: CD, radio, TV, etc.

Let me put it this way: The only thing that kicks the sub out of "standby" mode now is the test tone.

Is it safe to say the problem is on the receiver's end -- that it's not doing whatever it's supposed to do with the low frequencies and sending them to the sub output? Clearly, it can send SOMETHING through the sub output (e.g., the test tone). So I assume the glitch is one step back in the chain.

And what might a solution entail?

Thanks. (I have specs if needed, but I wasn't sure they were all that relevant to this general question.)

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 11043
Tim, find out how to reset the unit to factory defaults and go from there.

Username: Timmons

Post Number: 2
Well, perhaps I will indeed give that a shot. Thanks. What setting could have gotten tweaked or screwed up to cause the issue we've got?

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 477
Depending on your equipment there are a lot of things that could have gone wrong but generally you have to tell receivers that there is a subwoofer connected to it which is commonly done in some sort of "speaker setup" mode.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us