Infinity alpha speaker

ken
i just bought a pair of infinity alpha 40 speaker at incredible price. Anybody can tell me whether this is a good speaker. How about receiver which would work with it. Thanks!

heff
Almost any receiver will work. How much $$$ and how loud did you want to go? If you're building or moving towards a home theater setup, I recommend the Harmon Kardon AVR-325. Why not audition some receivers at a local store and let your ears and wallet be your guide.

ken
Hi Heff, thank you for the advice. I would like to spent about US 2,000 to 2500 for all 5 speakers and I am more fond of classical music. How about Marantz 7300? Any comment about quality of the Infinity Alpha speaker? Is it good ?

heff
Ken, I heard from another forum some lucky ones got the last of the Infinity Alpha 40's at Circuit City for $320/pair. You could build a nice 7.1 system consisting of six Alpha 40's, an Alpha 37C, and an Alpha 1200s Sub within your budget. While you can mix/match speakers, it's good if you can find surrounds that are timbre matched with the front stage. (L,R,C)

While the 1200s sub includes, RABOS, which offers some nice bass calibration/tuning, you might be better off with a subwoofer from HSU research like the VTF-3.

Alphas are built in Denmark and carry a five year warranty when purchased from an authorized
dealer.

I'm not familiar with the Marantz 7300, but am sure others on this forum can help with a recommendation.

heff
Here's a link to Sound & Vision's June 2003 review of the Infinity's Alpha series.

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/article.asp?section_id=5&article_id=479&page_number=1
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us