Speakers --Hawk, G-man and John Allen

Hi Hawk. John Allen and G-man this is Fred, the guy you gingerly guided and help obtain a good sound system. I just what to say thank you, I could not have done it with out the help of nice people like you. This is what I ended up with

NAD T762
NAD 532 DVD player
Magnepans 1.6QR speakers

I have an old set of Infinity speakers I thought to use as rear speakers, but I notice a lot of his sounds coming out of the speaker box and the rubber part of the speakers it self deteriorated. So I will not use them as they are I spend what is a lot of money for a nice system and I do not what to have this noise ruin the quality of sound that the Magnepans give out. My first thought would be to go some where in the internet and buy the parts and replace it with all new parts, but before I do this I thought I will ask your advice once again.

I do not know the cost of replacing all the guts of the Infinity box, and would it be better to get a set of rear speakers that will compliment what I have, and if purchasing a new set of rear speakers, what is your recommendation. In the same line of thought I will like to get a good Subwoofers, again I do not know where to begin looking or what brand that will compliment my Magnepans.

Than you once again

Fred

Max
Hey,
well I am not any of those guys but I just wanted to congradulate you on a superb set-up, good job!! Ok bye,
Max

John A.
Fred,

Thanks for the update, it is good to hear. Yes, that is really great system. Congratulations. You have a first-class core to add things to. It is a reference.

I remember we had this question of the bass response of the Magnepans. How is that? Hawk was the Magnepan advocate and I was impressed with what he said and I read.

I really don't know about replacing parts in Infinity speakers.

I have a budget sub called a Gale 3080W, which I like, but I don't think it is sold in N. America. If I were in the position of wanting a quality sub to go with that lot, I would look hard at REL www.rel.net Apart from rave reviews, they are one of the few where you can easily switch between line-level and speaker-level input.

All my other speakers are KEFs and I personally like that maker. They have a new HT range. But Hawk may have some ideas about what goes especially well with Magnepans.

José Pessoa
Hi,

I have an old set of Tannoy Super Red Monitors but they are showing some aging (I've noticed that occasionally the tweeter from the left speaker just gets almost silent! with low sound pressure levels).
I'm currently driving them with a Primare A30.1 with a Rega P3/Lehmann Black Cube/Benz Micro MC Gold cartridge or a Sony X77ES as sources.

I'm quite happy except for the speakers (what a shame because they were a trustful friend for a long time!)

I'm considering buying something like:
Revel F30
Proac Response D15
Mangnepan 1.6 QR
Thiel 1.6 or 2.3
Dynaudio (maybe!?)

I've a 25 m2 room with not much furniture and I'm listening mostly to Jazz and Classical music and I'm not looking for a "bass" in your guts effect, rather longing for a good sound stage, natural sound, fine detail and dynamics.

What would you recommend me? Within or out of the referred bunch of examples!

Thank you!

José
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us