Seismic vs Sun JR

Bronze Member
Username: Aauuddiioo

Toronto, ON

Post Number: 12
Anyone have input on Paradigm seismic 12 vs sunfire jr?
Id really appreciate it
Thanks all

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 11004
HT or music?

Bronze Member

Toronto, ON

Post Number: 14
good point, both actually, but between the two subs which is better for each or both (HT/Music)
my personal gatherings aim toward Paradigm for both but id like someone to tell me otherwise , I do know realistically the Paradigm for Music, and Sun Jr for HT , but one sub for overall which do you think?

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 11007
I think the JL for both/either

Bronze Member

Toronto, ON

Post Number: 16
Do you mean the JR for both as in sunfire JR?
OR JL as in JL AUDIO??

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 2024
lol JL Audio sub?lol I think its about 400 percent more money than both the Paradigm and Sunfire isn't it Nuck? I am not sure.

I love the Seismic 12. Very nice sub. Never heard the Sunfire. But from read and word of mouth they are very impressive subs. Sorry man, can't give you a comparison.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2025
Being in Toronto you should have lots of sources to choose from.

Musically, REL make the best subs around IMO. The Paradigm subs and Sunfire subs I would say are built more towards a home theater sound. I have a Ultracube 10 in the theater, and it pounds super hard and fast. It is actually pretty good for music too. No REL or Paradigm Seismic however. If your stuck on Paradigm, go big, go Servo 15.lol. Or go listen to some. What does your dealer carry? Buy what he has. If you don't have a dealer, then shop around and become friendly with one. Then buy what he has.lol Cheers.

Bronze Member

Toronto, ON

Post Number: 17
400% larger if im not mistaken aswell...
I aswell have only heard the Seismic and not the Sunfire , but also have heard good things about it,

Being in Toronto yes theres many sources to choose from I love the paradigm I thought it was a well balance of music/HT
(seismic). If I had the room Id do aservo 15 all day , my best friend had a servo 15 , Paradigm monitor 5v4 on walls in piano black !! I dont know if you heard or remember Paradigm making these but pretty nice for monitor series , anyways the servo pounded I remember we had a bunch of people over and it was cranked , we had a neighbor come out in his boxers/robe at like 4am asking kindly to turn it down( just once we werent bad neighbors.) Anywway I think the amp blew on the servo I dont remember if the sevo was v1 or v2 but the amp blew right around the Seismic was released and his dealer suggested to trade in the Servo for the seismic 12 , If I remember clearly the dealer said it could do what the servo could do in a much smaller package , now I know from listening the servo is louder and can be felt more , I dont know if when I listend to the seismic (it was at a different dealer not my friends house) it didnt hit as hard or deep or close , so I guess my friend kinda got jacked?? lol or not what do you think, maybe the dealer wasnt really showing me the potential(didnt crank it?)
Anyways!!!!
A JLwould be prime choice however its also prime dollar at the moment im more in the paradigm price range less the signature servo....
Thanks
Nick K and Nuck
you guys always have some of ,the best suggestions advice and perspectives and are always on top of answering my questions
Cheers look forward to hearing from you
take care

Gold Member

Post Number: 2029
Hey Inamak. I wouldn't say your friend got jacked. The Seismic/Ultracube subs, with the kind of construction, I would say are faster sounding subs that the bigger Servo. Nothing pounds harder than the Servo, but that doesn't make a sub good by any means. For music, I would probably pick the Seismic over the Servo. But hey, the Servo can also be used as a coffee table. lol. I am surprised the Servo blew. How loud did he have it? Was it a quality amp? IMO anything in the Monitor series in the V4's were a good speaker for the money. Great for Home Theater. If you have heard the Pardigm sub, and you liked it a lot. I would say buy it. No need to look further. Plus it sounds like you have some sort of relations with the dealer of Paradigm already as well. Plus being from Canada, you will be putting your hard earned cash back into a Canadian Company. PH$#$CK Sunfire.LOL!! Cheers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us