Marantz 7200 integrated amp

Username: Nandakumarhv

Post Number: 3
Hi to all of you,
I have acoustic energy evo 3 floor standing speakers, marantz7200 amp and marantz cd5001. I had these setup for over a year and now i want to upgrade my system. I like to change my speakers first to monitor audio rs 6, please advice.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 7404
Enjoy...! (huh)

Post Number: 4
Hi
Will the speakers and the amp match or should i change both.
please advice.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 7407
Listen and find out. The MA's are good speakers...I don't like the Marantz amp but there are plenty of folks who do. If you like the MA speakers then buy 'em or audition them at home and that should tell you whether they are a good match for your ears.

Post Number: 5
A freind of mine told me that the weakest link in my system is the speakers and therefore i am changing.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 7408
Good luck.

Post Number: 6
hi gold art,
Should i change the amp to ca 640 v2 and cdp to 640c, Please help.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 7410
Nanda you have given us little if any information. We don't know what you listen to. We don't know what you don't like about what you are hearing now. We have nothing to work with and so that's the kind of advice you are getting. Give us something to work with...if the only problem is that your friend doesn't like the sound then you can very well tell him/her to bugger off...or something like that.

Silver Member
Username: Nout

Post Number: 131
Why do you wanna upgrade?
Is there's something lacking right now?
Or is it your buddy who thinks you need upgrading?

Apart from the cd player (I have a Marantz CD 6000KI) I own the same system.
I don't think of the AE Evo 3's as the weak link in my system, but neither the Marantz amp and cd player...:-)

What is your room size?
Do you need more 'power', a bigger sound?

Post Number: 7
Hi art and nout,
Thanks for your serious reply,
My room size is 27 feet (8.15 metres ) by 17 feet ( 15.15 metres ). I listen 95% to only classicial indian and fusion music (instrumental) and 5 % vocals. I dont listen to rock, heavy metals. I was casually listening to rs6 and i liked it and a friend here adviced me to change my speakers as it was an entry level speakers. Later on I changed my cdp to denon sacd 1500 and speakers cables to van dan hul and their was enormous change in the sound quality. Now i feel i have to change my cdp and speaker cables.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 7420
I thought you were here asking about amps...egad...I'm confused.

Which vdH interconnects do you have?
Match the quality with your speaker cable. vdH CS122 or D352 are both good speaker cables with a nice warm presentation yet they are very detailed.

Post Number: 8
Hi art,
At present i am using xlo interconnects and monistor speaker cables. As evo 3 are entry level speakers i thought i should my speakers or should i change my cdp and cables. I am really confused,
with regards
nanda

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 7421
That makes 2 of us. As I'm not sure what it is you are trying to accomplish I can just say good luck with your project. I'm sure someone with more time and patience will be along to assist.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us