Axiom M22ti's vs. Polk, Paradigm, Definitive Technology

SL
How do Axiom speakers compare versus Polk, Paradigm and Definitive Technology speakers in the same price range.

I'm interested in front, center and surround speakers and particularly Axiom's M22ti's, VP150 and QS4s and QS8s.

In dire need of an honest audiophile's opinion.

Cheers

IdealConcepts
SL -
I've never heard the Axioms and was looking to purcahse polk for my mainHT, have R40 for the rears right now, but skipped on purchasing any other polks for my HT. Will use the R series polks for the bedroom ht. I compared Paradigm Monitor 7's and Def Tech at a local Mid Fi store using the same amp and liked the Paradigms. The Def Tech had more bass because of the powered sub, but it wasn't very tight and seemed to over powering, and the highs and mids were not as smooth in my opinion. The Monitors sounded cleaner than the Def Techs. I went to a Hi Fi store who recommended B&W and other higher end speakers, and asked his view on Monitors and Def Techs and stated Paradigm Monitors are very good speakers with great quality and hated the Def Techs. I ended up buying the Paradigm CC-370 center channel and Paradigm Monitor 9's for the fronts and will be replacing the Polk R40s (in the rears) with Monitor 9's, and already had a velodyne cht 12. Running it with a Rotel Preamp and Amp. I have heard the Axioms are a little cheaper than the Paradigms and are good speakers. I would recommend the Paradigms over the three you have mentioned.

Paul T
I Never listened to Axiom or DTs but Paradigm and Polk are very good speakers. But you have listen to the Polk LSi series or the Paradigm Studio series.. They are the top line for both companys. and sound incredible.. But they will cost more $$, but when you hear them you'll know why :)

John
In the price ranges that it competes in, I think that Paradigm is the best speaker for the money. Their product lines are very solid across the board and its hard to go wrong. I'm picky about speakers, so if you're looking for a critical comment on the Paradigms, its that the midrange can be slightly flooded. However, I was ready to buy Paradigm Monitor 9's (with matching center/surrounds), when I found some B&W CDM 7's at half price that I couldn't pass up. I would buy (and recommend) Paradigm in a heart beat. Enjoy.

Rick
I second the Paradigm being best value, although I haven't heard the Axioms. Def Tech also gets good reviews. Like in my situation, I'd try to hear the speakers in person before buying. Polk I would rank last in your list.

Max
Hello,
you guys never heard of axiom??? Canadien speaker company known for outstanding products at reasonable prices. Check out axiomaudio.com.
I would say save some dough and get axioms!!
look at the m80's or m60's. Oh yeah they also have custom cab veneers to choose from which are exceptional, ranging from birdseye maple to charcoal oak, very cool. they use aluminum woofers so be aware at first they wont sound all that great but break em in and you will be amazed.
They have not one negative review. Paradigms are good too but you get alot more for your money from axiom!!Ok good luck,
Max
P.S. You cannot try out axioms because they ship directly from the factory in canada.

Rick
Max- Let me clarify, I haven't 'heard' the Axioms, not I haven't 'heard of' Axioms. I know all about them, but have never heard the speakers in person.

Max
Hey,
Aww ok I see, I should have read closer,sorry about that. Yeah I never heard them either, I really want to though the way people praise them.
Ok it looks like everybody has heard of them just not "heard" them. Ok sorry guys.
Max

Rick
The Pardigms are carried locally throughout the US so you can hear them in person. Otherwise, if you are brave and anxious, get the Axioms and return them if you don't like them.

Max
Hey,
Actually paradigms and Axioms seem to be quite similar don't you think Rick?

Rick
I'm sure there are some differences, I read somewhere that the Axioms were'nt as warm as the Paradigm, but as I'm just learning all this, I can't say what that means. I do noticed Paradigm mentioned more often, and the dealer I bought them from spoke very highly of them even as he sells B&W, Def Tech and other high end ref speakers. He explained a long story about Paradigm which really impressed me about their history. Not sure Axiom's history. I wouldn't imagine Axioms are bad, but maybe just different sounding from the Paradigms. I'd check out
www.hometheaterspot.com and www.hometheaterforum.com for more info.

Beau Andrews
Paradigm is a top speaker mfg, always review well, I have heard them and agree, you will not be dissappointed. However, I have Definitive Tech speakers and can't say enough about them. They are powerful with great dynamic range. They image great and are efficent at the same time. I don't want to sound like a snob but, I can't get too excited about any speaker that is sold by Circuit City. If you upgrade, as you probably will, make sure that your speaks will be worth something when the time comes. Paradigm and Definitive Tech will hold their value, not sure about the others.

topr
I'm a big Paradigm fan...had some of the older mk5's for a long time and liked em a lot. I bought some Axiom m22ti's about 8 months ago. They are a little more "foward" than Paradigms but by no means bright... they have the best sounding mid range of any speakers you can by for under a grand. The imaging is great. Guys, for the money they are hard to beat.

Anonymous
I have a pair of Axiom m22's hooked up to a Jolida 102b tube amp. Sweet, sweet, sweet. I own a pair of Pinnacle Gold Refence as well. The m22's sound just as good with a little less bass. great imaging; very efficient.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us