Best speakers for Harman Kardon receiver line

Anonymous
Thinking about buying the HK AVR 525 or HK DPR 1001. Not sure what speakers to buy yet. What brand of speakers typically work well with HK's line of receivers?

Hawk
Anything forward sounding. The H/K receivers are very smooth and very laid back. You need something with a bright or forward sound to balance that charecter of the H/K. I suggest Monitor Audio, JMlabs, Klipsch, Aperion Audio, and Def Techs as a place to start.

Stay away from the Canadian speakers (Paradigm, PSB, Energy, etc.) as they are simply too laid back to be a good match with the H/K.

SL985
Thanks Hawk.

I was looking to spend $700 on speakers. I was looking at the Harman HKTS 12 speaker package and while it got great reviews on CNET, I haven't heard them myself.

I read up on Axiom's M3Ti package and it looks promising. I will have to look into the others. If you can offer any other advice, I would be eternally greatful

DAllen
I bought the Axiom M60ti for front speakers (same receiver) and they rock the house!! They do take a while to break in though. They are a bright sounding speaker but not too bright. Bass response is fair but I would always suggest a subwoofer no matter the speaker(unless it's built in).

Anonymous
Anonymous,

If i were you, I would go with a different receiver. www.outlawaudio.com has 1050 model for ($499), and they were well received by the audiophile reviews. Check out the reviews on the sight.

Since you must like the speakers yourself, try to hear some respected names, and go with your heart. I would recommend soft mushy sounding speakers, 'cause they can be listen to for hours without tiring my ears.

Try to hear:

Polk Rt series
Monitor audio bronz
Paradigm
PSB

Anonymous
SL985,

I would skip on the hkts 12 speakers. Try to hear energy speakers - got good reveiws.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us