Bad receiver/speaker combo?

I just purchased BOSE 601 series IV speakers and a Sony STR SL7 Receiver. I'm going to use those alone with my television to watch DVD movies. Any suggestions/comments? Thank in advance.

Anonymous
Just get a thickest monster cable you can find - that will sound less fatiguing.

Joong-In Rhee
If you want to use it for serious music listening, I would get NAD c320bee amp $300 at DMCelectronics.com This amp gives un-fatiguing sound for Bose. Bose 601 is a hard one to mate to bring out the best on them, but they can sound good in the end. Get quality cables to connect them, and you will hear a difference. Boses have clear sound, and you want to soften them up with quality gears. Cd player with Burr-Brown DAC would be nice, like NAD 521i.
Try experimenting if you find yourself not likeing the sound, 'cause your present combination may be too edgy. You want to soften the sound, with thick monster cables, quality amp, and dark sounding cd player.
You might want to upgrade to specialty hifi shops to tweak this just right. Don't spend alot of money though - stay under $500 per item - that makes sense with the present setup, and don't spend over $100 on cables.
Enjoyment is there - you just have to experiment to get the best out of your present system - and next time, you might want to head over to specialty hifi stores, to upgrade, if you are serious about music.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us