Denon 1804, is Paradigm good match?

Smithers
First off, I'm a newbie, so forgive my ignorance.

I recently bought a Denon AVR-1804, and now I'm in need of speakers. I was highly recommeneded Paradigm Monitor 7's, or 9's, if I could afford it. Also Axiom, but I haven't researched those too thoroughly yet. Any suggestions?

Derek
Sounds like a good match to me. Try Now Hear This and Mission too.

IdealConcepts
I think when I bought my Paradigm's 9's they mentioned Denon as a possible match to them. I currently have the 9's for the fronts, the cc370 for the center, velodnye cht 12 for a sub and will be replacing the the Polk r40 with 9's in the near future. At first I was using a Yamaha to run the speakers and was looking at purchasing a Marantz or Integra to run the Paradigm's (I believe Marantz and Denon combined). I ended up purchasing Rotel Pre amp and amp, about a grand more than what I budget my reciever for but very happy with the purchase and matches well with the speakers. Try the Paradigms out and see how they sound compared to other speakers, I highly recommend them.

Anonymous
Smithers,

If you are close to a 6th Ave store, you can check out the pair at their store (http://www.6ave.com)
I have heard the Denons (not 1804 but a higher end model) with Paradigm Monitor7s and NHT 1.4s. They sound good with both - I personally prefered the NHTs but it probably a personal choice. I don't think they make the NHT1.4 though.

see

http://www.spearitsound.com/nht/nhthometheater.asp

for pics.

Anonymous
I am new to all this. Trying to stay on budget. Got infinity hts-20 speaker system and need receiver to run it. Any suggestions? Onkyo txsr600 is refurbished for $269. appreciate any input.

topr
I have an older 3802 and Axiom m22's. They are a very nice speaker for 400 a pair. They are a tad foward compared to a Paradigm but the mids are much nicer IMHO...until you get into the studio series anyway
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us