Bose AM15 Issue

Username: 1gr869

Post Number: 1
I've been reading the posts and thought I would see if anyone out here can help me. I bought a used AM15 and the control knobs on the side of the subwoofer were loose. I pulled them off (carefully) to see what might be wrong. When I did that, both pieces that the knobs fit on fell down into the system. It's almost like the nuts that hold them on were removed. I'm not an electronics person, but I noticed that two square pieces with some sort of circuit on them were also in the bottom of the unit. They look to fit on the control and perhaps touch the ciruit board to make the controls work???

I have read Mark's instructions from May on how to take the subwoofer cover off, but do you think this is something that should be done by a pro? If I can get the unit apart, can I simply put the controls back in place?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 270
Does the system work in its current condition? It seems so unlikely that it would.

Regarding it's repair I might consider returning it first. If that isn't possible then I would suggest getting a hold of Bose (who will probably tell you to take it to a service center).

http://www.bose.com/controller?event=VIEW_STATIC_PAGE_EVENT&url=/contact/index.j sp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us