Mission M34 and M35 (New speaker released)

Robin
Has anyone already auditioned the new speaker models from Mission? This M34 and M35 models. Need your inputs. Thanks

Hawk
Robin:

I was just on the Mission website yesterday for research to help another person and I didn't see anything there about an M34 or M35 loudspeaker, so they must be very new. Will keep an eye out.

Hawk
Well, I found them on the Mission website, but I can't find them at any local dealer. Robin, any idea what the prices are (the M34s look real interesting)?

Robin
Hawk,

No idea yet how much it cost but im pretty interested on how it performs. I will be scouting it this weekend and let you know.

Hawk
Thanks!

Have found the M35 on intenet only retailers for £300 and the M34s for £230. Try kelkoo.com
However haven't been able to find any reviews on them on the net, but damn they both look like some of the most stylish looking speakers available. Would like to read a review however before forking out all that money to upgrade my M73s!

I AM EXPECTING DELIVERY NEXT WEEK, I WILL POST REVEIW ASAP

Hawk
Thank you Simon! We await your review.

Simon, which speakers have you ordered, the m33s, m34s, or m35s? They all look sweet!

I Have had the M34's for about a week now.

Not a technical reviewer, but I must say that I am very happy with them.

Clear, clean sound with good bass.

(Running with a Yamaha RXV 430 & AR Cables)

DEFINITELY WORTH THE MONEY, but now I fear that I am hooked on this sound thing... Getting the M3C2 & surrounds in a day or two.

Can anyone recommend a sub for this kind of setup ?

i am using one{m34} for about a month and it sounds really good.the bass response is clean and tight, i see no reason why any one would want to add a sub to this setup

Martin, if you really want to get a sub then get the mission m3as sub to match the m34's!! It will be acoustically matched and it will also match look-wise as well.

scot
what happen on website mission?i cannot go through...because i quite interested M34 and collect info about it.

mael
what the different between M34 and M74, need info from all of you guys.....

Gan
from the specification alone, the M34 and M74 looks quite similar...same sensitivity, almost same power rating and frequency response...so i suppose what u get with M34 is may be some cleaner yet more controlable bass...i have the M74, i am quite satisfied with it even without a sub for movie, but for stereo the bass not seems to be very define, that is why finally i still added a subwoofer to my system...anyway..for the price i paid for the M74, i wouldn't have more complain...in my country, M74 is just the same price as either Klipsch SB1, NHT SB2 or some other not-as-good bookshelf speaker...

What hifi are currently in posession of some m34s!

The review will be out very soon (perhaps the december issue).

The M3 range has been introduced as a replacement for the M7 range, therefore while they remain
similair in many ways, the improvements are in the detail.

Improvements have been made to the materials used in the drive units giving a clearer mid-range.
The treble is also slightly brighter than the M74i.

MT
Hi there

I have the unenviable task (for someone not really up to speed on speakers) of buying my boyfriend a pair of floorstanders for Christmas... It's a surprise and unfortunately I can only look to spend up to £400. Although I have researched like mad I can't decide between the Mission m34, KEF Q3 and Wharfedale 8.4 - there are some amazing deals about on the KEF and Wharfedale but I want to go for the best option rather than the best price!

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Thank you!

Raj
Yesterday I purchased the Mission M34 speakers in Toronto. The net price was approx. Cdn$ 800/pr. I am not an expert, but I love the well balanced sound of the Mission M34. In my decision, I compared "equivalents" of Mission, Paradigm and KEF. The KEF's had a "brighter" sound which some people may like, however I personally liked the Mission M34 better.

Mission Accomplished
Go for the Mission's. The y are really very good speakers. I paid £225 ( $500 CDN ) for theses and you would have to spend a hell of a lot more to improve of theses models. Exellent mid range and very easy to drive, and the sound does not suffer at all as the volume increases. I listened to Q3's and Diamonds.. theses are much better.

Anonymous
I just listened to these speakers over the weekend at A & B sound in calgary and let me say WOW!!! They where awsome. I think i am buying these m34's for my self for x-mas. Happy holidays.

ajita
Has anyone done any comparison between M73/ M33 /M34. I found M74 bass mudding the highs , M73 sounded much better in comparison.
Anyone any opinions.

Username: Tim_hawker

Post Number: 1
Well I now have the m34s and I love the sound they produce. The bass is plentiful, clean and tight. A very well balanced speaker! A subwoofer is not needed for these speakers.

However opinions vary!! WhatHiFi were a little disappointed with these speakers; it only achieved 3 stars!!!

They said that the bass was superb, which it is, but the midrange was disappointing. I am very confused to how they obtained this result because I find the midrange clear and crisp.

They also said that the treble did not match the midrange, which I find hard to believe. The tweeters have superb clarity, but they did take a long run in to get them to their peak. (Perhaps WhatHiFi did not allow a long enough run in)

The m32s only achieved 3 stars as well, they said the bass was overpowering and speech was unrealistic. I have not heard the m32s so I cannot comment on their performance

Unregistered guest
Ive been in possesion of a pair of Mission M35's now for 2 weeks running off a Sony strdb930 receiver alongside passive paradigm sub woofer ran them fairly gently on music and tv for 3 days or so minimum recommended run in was 24hrs playtime before pushing them too hard! but after the 3 days had a house party christmas eve had them absolutely slammin dance music til about 4am! ditto New Years Eve, and, well they just took it in their stride no probs! As for "hifi" performance well ive never heard Beverly Knights, Sista Sista sound better on any other sensibly priced domestic set up! Full tight bass, strings gliding in beautifully behind Beverly's gorgeous,crystal clear vocal, with crisp sharp but not harsh treble.
On surround sound performance I watched T3 dvd on New Year's day fantastic with that as well !Can't say what the smaller versions in the range will be like but i doubt that anyone would be disapointed, as for the big M35's they sound and perform as good as they look!

Anonymous

Really want a sub to match my (beech) M72s (in performance for me, and in looks for my girlfriend). The M3as is their only beech sub (m70as, ms8 and ms10 only being black or silver)

Anybody think it's not suitable?
And anybody actually seen an m3as for sale - I don't think they have actually been made yet have they - nobody has any for sale.......

Username: Larry_d

Post Number: 9
I was looking for some missions last month and actually got in touch with the future president of Mission USA, the future distributor of Missions here in the US. It seems that Denon was not doing a good job and Mission and Denon divorced. The guy said that they've got the office, and they are just waiting to get the finishing touches to start the whole operation up. You should start seeing Missions for sale here in the US soon.

Username: Tim_hawker

Post Number: 2
I have found a UK website selling the M3as, at a good price too. However I do not know if they sell it in beech. It does not mention a colour and the picture is in black, oh well. Here's the link http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/1492
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us