Sell my HCA-1000A for SR-705?

Bronze Member
Username: Audiobuff

Post Number: 86
Hi guys,

After getting my Outlaw sub, I decieded that I didnt want to deal with the hassle of setting up a multi-channel Multi-amp surround system.

My question to you is, I know that the Parasound will kick the pants off the Onkyo as far as stereo, but will I really be losing alot (at least that I can hear?).

So far Ive read that the 705 is a very nice Mid-range surround receiver, what are your takes and are there better options in the $500 and under range? I actually went to Circuit City today and picked up an "Open box" 705, Havent opened it yet, but waiting on opinions.

Thanks!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
Sorry for the double post.

I just wanted to say this...I am completely STUNNED at the loss in SQ I had when I hooked up the Onkyo, literally It hurt my ears.

Im really worried now, since ive been using the Parasound for about 2 weeks now, Ill never be able to find a surround amp that will come close to sounding as good and be within my budget.

Its cool though, im content with the Parasound, it was scary how bad the Onkyo sounded, what a piece of sh*t.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6673
For movies my old Yammie is still in the system and providing excellent service. Wouldn't use it for music but it does quite nicely for movies.

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 839
There's a world of difference between reproducing dialog and sound effects and producing good 2 channel music listening.

My Yahama is good for movies like Art's, but sucks for music.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
So true David,

I just bought an Emotiva LMC-1, we shall see how that works.

In your opinion, would the LMC be a step up in sound quality (even stereo) when going from using the HK as a preamp?

Would you guys think its ok to use the HK as an amp to power the rears?

Thanks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us