How low where they talking? Alien3 subwoofer

Bronze Member
Username: Jblsince1989

Post Number: 65
When I watched the extras on DVD disc 6 Bonus, several years ago I was wondering what the actual frequency response of the playback at the Zanuck theatre? What type of subs where used and what was SPL db level?

I've seen Alien3 at UCI 10 sceren, Tower Park, when it opened in Dolby Stereo SR and thou it wasn't the 70mm six-track Dolby stereo exclusive, it still managed to pack small punch thou I don't really remember the opening on the 35mm print shacking my insides apart from when a guy goes though the air vent fan, splat! That was felt and two guys bumping into each other as they run down the corridors in total confusion.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
Here is frequency waterfall graph that has LCRS mixed with LFE.1 this shows the opening of the film up to chapter 2.

Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 16828
How's life treating you Ash?

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 10299
Hi Ash.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
"You can't kill it."
Ash "Alien" (1979)
"Will blow up, the ship."
Ripley "Alien" (1979)

Its one of those trick questions isn't Paul, hold on, I'll phone a friend. Oh, a lot better now, and how are things with you? Oh, yeah hello Nuck, fine, fine things are fine here now that Saturday was a perfect clear day all-around Florida for STS-124 Discovery.

I think they should give the sound crew a bit more time when doing, these video interviews as this is rather short video that comes in on the end with Elliot Goldenthal. I guess the produces think there isn't a fanfare of followers out there?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
I bet the biggest question on everyone's mind, including mine, is what sub bass speakers did they use at the Fox Zanuck theatre? I know the stage speakers at UCI where EV and that there was no sub bass speakers placed behind the screen at the time, and yet I could feel a bit of low end over the LCR or left front.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us