Need some help

Silver Member
Username: Nvmyboom

Post Number: 310
Im new to this home theatre stuff so i need a little help. I want to power a sub or two, like a elemental designs sub or a cvr, (12"), or suggested ones, in my dorm room. wat would be some ideas, or wat would i need to do this.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 12392

An amplifier, a source and a volume control between them. You'll probably want some other speakers too.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9948
And some wires and stuff.

Silver Member

Post Number: 311
wow thanks, i would have never guessed i would of needed wires. this whole time i thought i was going to use a wireless router to run my speakers, thanks

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9953
Boomer, add sommore info and we will try to help.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 15431
Build a box using the manufacturers specs, tune a tad lower. Get a plate amp from partsexpress or the like to match the sub. In a dorm room you should be fine using a 10" or so. Watch the ohm load between your amp and sub and be sure not to drown out the other frequencies in the system. Connect your receiver to the plate amp using the sub out line and set all amp parameters accordingly.

Silver Member

Post Number: 312
thanks paul, if do build a box, how much lower should i tune it to than whats recomended?

Is there a subwoofer you would recomend for indor use?

Silver Member

Post Number: 313
thanks paul, if do build a box, how much lower should i tune it to than whats recomended?

Is there a subwoofer you }would recomend for indoor use?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us