Cambridge Audio 640A V2, is there anything better for my setup?

Username: Hifi_newbie

Post Number: 1
Hi everybody,

I'm looking for an amp that will go best with my system. I'm currently using a Cambridge Audio 640C V2 cd player and B&W 602 S3 speakers. The logical choice would be to get the matching Cambridge Audio 640A V2, but is that really the best amp (in more or less the same price range) for my system?

Would a Rotel or NAD or other amp go better with my set-up?

Anyone got any suggestions or comments? Please?

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 722
I have the same CD player. I heard it in the audio shop while I was auditioning through the CA 640A and it sounded really good. There's a lot to be said for synergy among components, I suppose.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 12362

ts - We can't tell you what you will like. You - as in you! - must first know what what you like. You should have a short list of priorities that are important to you and be able to spell them out when asked, "What's important to you?" They should go beyond "tight bass" and "clear mids". Do you have such a list? If not, ask yourself what made you choose the Cambridge player? Use those priorities and listen to several alternatives. Synergy between components is a terrific way to build a system, if you know what things are synergistic about a particular mating.

If you cannot answer the question of your own priorities, and just want something new, stick with the Cambridge line as a safe bet.

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 727
I think you really cannot go wrong with the CA combo.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9892
CA offers great value, but I would go up the the range for an amp, like the 840.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us