Child-safe speakers ???

C. Sun
My baby girl is 8 months old, and will soon be a threat to the HT speakers.
I wonder whether I should avoid tower speakers. :)
Any one had experience ?

HT
C.Sun

Speakers are replaceble. Your baby girl is not.
I would strongly recommend that you get speakers that will not fall over - whether that be standmounts or towers.

My 2 children have not had a problem with my standmounts, except for an occasional clean of the grill. They do enjoy feeling the vibration of the speakers with their hands and face though.

Hawk
C. Sun:

I had the same problem several years ago and I found that a stable floorstander was safer than a standmount.

Frankly, you must impress upon her not to touch the speaker in the first place. My daughter was very curious, especially when there was sound emanating from the speaker, but she was repeatedly told that she could not touch them and a problem was avoided.

Good luck

C. Sun
Yeah, I also feel that floorstand looks more stable. As for curiousity, My mother always said I was very curious and liked touching everything I could reach when I was a toddler. I wouldn't be surprised if my girl does same :)

Hawk
I hear a proud papa!

John Allen
Keep the covers on. 2-4 year olds find the cones irresistable and push in the center dome. They look like buttons to press. I've pulled them out again by sucking or with sellotape several times. You can easily damage a tweeter especially. Visit any home with small children and you are likely to see cones pushed in if they are visible at all. As for the danger to the child, the TV set is more the thing to watch.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us