Looking for Subwoofer for Small Apartment

Anonymous
Any suggestions on a small subwoofer for a 14 x 14 room. Its to go with a Onkyo 501 and will mostly be used for TV and DVD watching. Also interested in Speaker suggestions, especially suggestions for using only two speakers with the woofer, perhaps bookselves or satellites.
Thanks.

Derek
I sometimes see Energy 8 inch subs on sale for $100. Sony has an 8 incher for $100 that's easy to find. Go to HSU Research's web site and have a look at the VTF-2. They are $500 but sometimes you can find them for $450 (hey, 10% is %10...). Velodyne HGS and Sunfire make some REALY tiny but very good sounding subs but they are expensive.

Hope this helps.

Hawk
PSB Subzero-i, a very highly regarded subwoofer because it is so accurate, can be had for $199 from DMC Electronics. It is very good and you would be hard pressed to match it at that price. It has plenty of punch for your size room.

As for speakers, try the small PSB Alpha Bs or the Image 1Bs, both are available for about $225/pair. I also suggest the Axiom M3ti $275/pair and the Ascend Acoustics for $328/pr.-- both are internet sales only.

14 x 14 is proably a bit too large for satellites, so stay with a modest sized bookshelf, but with a company like those suggested above where you can add a matching center speaker and surrounds later on.

Anonymous
Thanks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us