Not just for outside! (Is it any good?!)

Anonymous
http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.jsp?c=1&b=g&catoid=-8023&qp=0&bookmark=bookmark_14&oid=71464

User review:

"Not just for outside!!!!
I'm using these as my wall mounted surround speakers. They blend very well with my Infinity towers, and the design complements my decor."

:-))

timn8ter
Are you serious? I'm not saying that because it's a frog. I've seen some unusual designs but there's physics involved in those. Having very limited information from the website makes it difficult to critique but my first thought is that the baffle diffraction from all the dips and curves has to be huge. Best to leave the frog in the garden for background music, as it was designed. The reviewer probably likes them for surround because with the dual offset tweeters it would deliver very non-directional sound. Most garden speakers utilize some variation of omni-directional sound such as upward firing cone drivers. Besides, Webster's "cute". If you're going to do that you might as well have flamingos for your mains.

Anonymous
The reviewer probably made a joke too... :-)

timn8ter
I can envision an entire line of "garden chic" audio equipment. Frog surrounds, flamingo mains, birdbath turntable, and the ever popular "rear end view of someone bent over working in the garden" subwoofer.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us