Integrated amp for vienna acoustics

Bronze Member
Username: Byam

Post Number: 38
I just acquired a pair of Vienna Acoustics Haydn Grand speakers and now need to upgrade my integrated amp (eventually my cd player too). I am using them in a my bedroom system. My 50w NAD c320bee does not bring out what these speakers have to offer. I do not want to go higher in the NAD line, but looking for something with greater resolution from another brand.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6383
An integrated that I find easy to recommend for folks that aren't likely to buy the Naim combo is the new Simaudio combo. The i-1 integrated and CD-1. Excellent sound and build quality...mate very well with almost anything and are good with all music.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2494
The Viennas are a very good speaker. The Sim combo is very good, as is Arcam. Have a look at the second hand market as well.

I think the Viennas are a relatively easy load, even though they are 4 ohm and 89db sensitivity. Check with your dealer.

What's your budget?

Bronze Member
Username: Byam

Post Number: 39
My budget is around $1000. My dealer had the Haydn's on display with Rotel cd and a pre/power combination. It had plenty of power but a bit dry for my tastes. He then used a 55w tube integrated. It was smoother, yet lacking punch.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us