NORGE 2060 STEREO INTEGRATED AMP

Username: Seandsilva

Mumbai, Maharashtra India

Post Number: 1
I recently purchased this amp to replace my one-foot-in-the-grave vintage akai am-u02 amp and boy was i satisfied or what to say the least?

In a nutshell :

If you are a true audiophile and want real bang for buck and don't wanna shell out big bucks for the indian/imported 'reputed' crap displayed in big showrooms , take a dive and go in for norge's 2060 amp. It's performance speaks for itself and it will eclipse any stereo amp or home theater amp on a canter. I've been to big fancy showrooms and auditioned dozens of reputed brands, finally i took the plunge and headed straight to norge.

I've also heard the 1000 reference amp and the tower speakers from norge at their outlet in mahim. I was blown away and thoroughly impressed!

The 2060 retails from norge's mahim factory for Rs.7,700/- with a remote control and i must mention this : The director of Eastern Electronics (NORGE) , Mr.Shyam Bajaj on seeing my state of uncertainty /over-cautiousness , visited my residence and helped me to hook up the amp to my speaker setup, that settled the nerves . It was a rare priviledge and an honour for a man of his stature to do so.

I've used the amp for a week now and there's no cause for concern absolutely. Btw, the amp controls 5 speakers on a 2-channel stereo base. i.e a pair of - telome speakers with an unpowered subwoofer on the spk-a set and a pair of sony speakers on the spk-b set. With such a setup in parallel, the impedance drops down to 4 ohms /ch and the amp delivers clean , undistorted power at high volumes to the entire spk setup. That's the sole reason i'm really impressed and recommend this amp .The highs, mids and lows are reproduced beautifully by this amp.

I too had a tremendous disbelief in indian higher-end audio capabilities, that was until i experienced norge ....i just wish an embargo could be imposed on all those imported "reputed" brands flooding our white/grey markets that flatter only to decieve!

FINAL VERDICT: simplicity, elegance, performance , price !!!!!

Hats off to you, Mr. Shyam Bajaj, may you live for another century for india and the world to benefit from!!!

this is the website : www.norgeaudio.com

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 671
Nice ad.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6323
Yep

Silver Member
Username: Nout

Post Number: 109
The amp is, I quote: "engineerd by Indians who know their music"
Another interesting and insightful quote: "Did the violinist in the 3rd row miss a note? You'll know!"

I have ordered mine right away...

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 1217
Im sold.....ahhh nah I will stick to the Canadian or UK companies myself.

Bronze Member
Username: James_lehmann

Post Number: 46
Would the real Mr Shyam Baja please step forward...

Post Number: 2
Hi Everyone

Finally, purchased a PIONEER DV-300 DVD player, hooked it up with the 2060, and played a musical dvd and what do ya think....the 2060 handled the audio perfectly, seriously i was impressed considering that it's a stereo amp and not a home theater amp, the effects came out clearly and defined , although it is embarassing to say it but i must and that is the norge 2060 will give a lotta home theater recievers serious competition.

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 1845
seriously i was impressed considering that it's a stereo amp and not a home theater amp

Seriously SEAN, this is supposed to be advice for 'true audiophiles'????????

But keep plugging away.

Bronze Member
Username: Jazzman71

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 45
I'm redecorating in a retro style. Does the Norge come with an ice maker?

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9842
Maybe 3 of them for 6 channel music on burned dvd's. hmmm

Post Number: 3
@ Neil Waterman: It comes with a contraceptive dispenser if you're interested???

@M.R.: Why the sarcasm? Why don't you go ahead and really spell out what's irritated you so SERIOUSLY about me elucidating my EXPERIENCE with a stereo amp ?

Bronze Member
Username: Lamcam

Stanton, Ca Usa

Post Number: 73
lol...there is another ad on this website, I am tired of reading ad...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us