Shopping for PC speakers

I am in the market for PC speakers can anyone sugest anything i have looked at the new logitech z-560 i am pretty impressed but i know there are better ones but not sure which

Creative Inspire 5.1 are supposed to be good

Kyle Mitchell
I have the Logitech z560's, and they are good, but I wish I would have held out and got a better pair for music. If your primary use will be with games, then the Logitech's are very good. They have a lot of bass, which enhances the gaming experience. The Klipcsh Promedia 4.1 and 5.1's are probably most widely known for great PC speakers. I like them, but they are still directed toward the gamer with all kinds of bass. They do have better highs than the z560s though, since they have seperate tweeters. For more musical taste the Altec Lansing 641's are nice. The subwoofer isn't quite as overpowering as the Logitech and Klipcsh, and they feature seperate tweaters like the Klipcsh. I've heard that you have to do a little adjusting to get them to sound their best. Personally, if I had to buy a set of PC speakers right now, I would go with the Cambrige MegaWorks 510D's. They are a 5.1 system, with probably the best mix of sound of any PC system right now. You can check out reviews of them at Gamespot and 3D Sound Surge. Oh yeah, if you have over $500 to spend, then you may want to check out VideoLogic's Sirocco line.

Musicman
I just bought the Altec Lansing 251 5.1 Speakers and I love them. They work great with music, games, and movies, and they have a great price. The great part is the simplicity of the system. You can plug it into almost any device, from game consoles, to computers, to cd players. They deliver excellent sound. I could recommend these speakers.

Look for the Klipsch Promedia. They were the first THX certified PC speakers and have recently come down in price. Or look for the new Promedias they look really cool but I haven't heard those yet.

Anonymous
One of the real success stories in active MM speakers is the Swans M200 at www.swanspeakers.com Great value!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us