New sub for Marantz 5600 using ma audio rs6 mains

Bronze Member
Username: Jeff_mx

Utah, Utah America

Post Number: 15
So I made the decision to purchase a Pair of MA rs6's a week or so ago for 2 channel music and ht applications and couldn't be happier. So I am also scrapping my ugly RCA sub and am looking for strong "pound for pound" sub that will be musical but also not draw much attention sonically to itself with any music or movie, but have lots of SLAM and low end without bottoming out.

I have reviewed, but obviously not really heard these subs. hsu vtf mk3, svs pb12 plus, and I have also thought of just picking up the ma rsw12 to keep everything ma. But would love any recommendations before dropping any money on these or other subs. Budget 600.00-1000.00 Again, applications would be for music ( electronica, jazz, Classical) Big range! And, of coarse HT. Thanks

Username: Ralphy44

Post Number: 1
Rca's are great!!! you should add another one.

Good for electronica!!

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6127
The Hsu subs have unbeatable bang for the buck. Take it from someone who owned both SVS and Hsu...no comparison in my books.

Bronze Member
Username: Jeff21

Orem, Utah Usa

Post Number: 30
Art,

I am serious looking at SVS and HSU right now and will be narrowing down my choices. The models that I am looking at are these: SVS: 20-39 PC Plus and 20-31 in the same series and then HSU: VTF MK3 and VTF HO. Can you tell me whyat HSU you have and why you would choose them over SVS's Higher models?

Gold Member
Username: Stefanom

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 1165
As a contrast, I do have a SVS PB10-NSD that I'm happy with. Its not as musical as say, a Martin Logan Dynamo, but it hits hard, and when set up properly does pretty well for itself.

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 896
Lots of people on here buying RS6's lately it seems :-)

What's wrong with the RCA? lol.

You could look at Outlaw subs too, which I think are actually re-branded HSU subs. They often have good specials on them, or B-stock.

Bronze Member

Orem, Utah Usa

Post Number: 31
After talking about subs at avsforum I am going for the Epik Castle. Must take a look into it!! David, in another thread, you and I took the plunge for the rs6's about 5 months ago.

Username: Mixterk

Post Number: 1
I have a Bose AM15/16 (has the 6.1 upgrade) has gone off. Opened it to see that the small fuse described earlier had blown. When I opened I also disconected the Red/Black lead from the PSU to the board which carries the Vol and DFE controls, and which carries the fuse. I didnt pay loads of attention and now I am not sure of the polarity of this as the plug seems to connect both ways..guidance please.

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 929
I did indeed, Jeff. What are you driving your MA'a with?

Bronze Member

Orem, Utah Usa

Post Number: 33
David,

I am driving them with my Marantz sr5600 amp/processor. Does extremely well with 2 channel music. I am amazed at how much extension I get out of them. Truly a good pickup in my system, now its time to implement the low end with an Epik Sub.

BTW how are your 6's treating you?

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 930
The 6's are awesome, especially for 2 channel listening. I've been driving them with Bryston monos for a couple of months now, and even now they still amaze me sometimes.

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 1535
mmMMmMMm Bryston+MA= Music Love.

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 931
You got the right, Nick.

Are you in your new house yet?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1537
lol not yet. Two more weeks. May 30th/31st is the moving days. Can't wait.

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 938
I'd help ya move, but I'm pretty sure I've got something going on that weekend... lol.

Seriously, though - May 30 is my daughter's birthday. One year already.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1541
Congrats Dave. I am sure I will be popping some kids out in the next few years.lol Well my wife will be. :-)

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 943
Thanks Nick.

It's the toughest job you'll ever love ;-)

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 10273
The Great Adventure.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1549
Lets talk about adventure...lol...In the next 30 days I will have moved, got married, took a trip to Dominican Republic.

*Help*

*help*

lol Fun times.

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 949
You like to keep busy, huh?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1551
No, not really.lol. It just sort of panned out that way. Once June is over, everything will go back to normal.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us