BW S602 S3 and Mission M3 series (New)

Robs
I have heard a lot of good reviews on BW 602 S3 speaker and also auditioned it. I was really surprised with the sound quality of this big stand mounted speakers...very clear and very detailed. However, I have just read a review on the new Mission M3 series model speakers and found it interesting and might wanna try to audition it as well. Does anyone have already auditioned this new Mission speakers? Can you give me some inputs? Anyone who wants to comment on BW speakers vs Mission speakers. Thanks

Harry T
Robs

I have the 602 S3, and I am very pleased with their clarity and brilliance. It has a wonderful tight bass and as you said in your post, very clear and detailed. For me, they are just perfect on Tubular Bells - SACD (together with 601, LCR60, REL Q150E speaker package).

This is the first I heard of the M3, but checking the Mission website, it doesn't appear you are comparing apples with apples. The M3 is a home theatre package of sat/sub (please correct me if I am wrong) against a stereo hifi speaker. I doubt it would have the sonic ability of the 602. I comparable model in the Mission lineup would be the 780 (or if the budget could stretch to the 780se), which is also an excellent speaker.

Two other excellent speakers that you could audition to the 602 would be the Quad 11L and Dynaudio 42.

Any of these 5 speaker would be any excellent choice. But please also get appropriate stands, and an amplifier and source (if you don't have them already) that will do these speakers justice.

Happy auditioning
Harry T

Gertjan
ehhhh, the M3 series is a full-range set of HiFi-speakers. Look at the website of Mission, Harry T.

It is certainly not a crappy sub-sat system. The Mission M35 (top-model) is above a metre in height and weighs 22 Kg. For sure that is going to kick the B&W 602 his b*tt forever for only 33 % more with respect to the price.

Good luck,

GJ

Anonymous
5.1 AV Speaker System

In order to meet the rapidly expanding market for high quality, affordable 5.1 channel AV speaker systems, Mission has created the m3s. This latest AV system features four diminutive satellite speakers and a beautifully styled centre channel, both finished in stylish two-tone Anthracite and Pewter. Partnered with Mission's ms8 subwoofer in Anthracite.

/\this is from the mission web site/\

it clealy says that the m3 is a 5.1 AV speaker system!!!

so "ehhhh" back at ya lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us